Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago Lifestyle
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-11-2008, 06:48 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

We are going to GNR and currently don't tow. We want to use a rental car for a day or so while we are there. Anyone ever rent one at GNR? A rather quick search didn't turn up any rental in Forest City but I cant imagine that some company isn't covering this.
Indy Itasca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 06:48 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

We are going to GNR and currently don't tow. We want to use a rental car for a day or so while we are there. Anyone ever rent one at GNR? A rather quick search didn't turn up any rental in Forest City but I cant imagine that some company isn't covering this.
Indy Itasca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 02:38 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I believe that those who rent get them out of Mason City.

Few people rent for GNR and utilize the provided People movers and the busses go most places in the area.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:05 AM   #4

I believe Mason City would be the closest place to rent from. But unless you are planning outings away from the rally grounds you won't need a car. You are not permitted to drive a car in the grounds anyway. For those that do tow, you must park your cars at the designated areas and cannot park them at your coach. There is not enough room for folks to park their cars at their rigs. As DSouth said, they have the "people movers" going all day and if you want to rent a golf cart, I suggest you do that ASAP. The info for that is in the WIT magazine.
glenda1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 04:09 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Winnebago is kind enough to run buses to all the businesses in town. The drivers are very nice and will take you most anywhere in the area of Forest City. Also good about coming to pick you up if you got off somewhere off the beaten path. You may find yourself meeting a new friend with a vehicle and catching rides with them.
Savannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 06:13 PM   #6

Forest City is really a pretty small town. Something that surprised me the first time we were there. There is a small laundromat in town that I have used in the past, and also a nice supermarket not far from the grounds. As stated, you can catch the bus there, or better yet double up with a new friend and go with them. Believe me this rally is very well recieved by the folks in FC and they will go out of their way to help you.
glenda1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 01:52 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

I rented a car within walking distance of the rally grounds from the dodge dealer, a pt cruiser two years ago.
FrankT is offline   Reply With Quote