Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2011, 09:54 PM   #21
Winnebago Master

Did he say, "Honey, watch this!"

If not, don't be mad.

If he did, send him back to Redneck Land for refresher courses.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 10:41 PM   #22
Winnebago Owner

Show me somebody who never makes a mistake and I'll show you somebody who never does anything.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:28 AM   #23
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepill View Post
I would have thought that you would have to be an incredible idiot to slam a car door on your own finger and break it, until............................
Man I'll bet that got your attention....

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 03:10 AM   #24
Winnebago Camper

If you play your cards right maybe now is the time to get the open top sports car you always wanted How can he possibly say no.

...and do forgive him (after you get the car obviously )
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
danes-on-tour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 07:44 AM   #25
Winnebago Camper

All's well that ends well. It took him forever to get back from down the street and I was terrified to go out in the garage to see what kind of mood he was in - but I didn't hear him swearing or slamming anything around, so I figured it might be OK. All I said was "WELL?". He said it went quick and that he was sitting down there having a beer with our friend who owns the pasture and the guy who pulled it out. Whew! Needless to say, it's not going back in the pasture. It's in the lady's front yard now on part of the driveway. He's working on securing an indoor spot with a potential new client of ours who has a huge warehouse that's being mostly unused. We'll see where that goes! Thanks for all (well, most!) of the comments.
Starfire5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:45 PM   #26
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfire5 View Post
All's well that ends well. It took him forever to get back from down the street and I was terrified to go out in the garage to see what kind of mood he was in - but I didn't hear him swearing or slamming anything around, so I figured it might be OK. All I said was "WELL?". He said it went quick and that he was sitting down there having a beer with our friend who owns the pasture and the guy who pulled it out. Whew! Needless to say, it's not going back in the pasture. It's in the lady's front yard now on part of the driveway. He's working on securing an indoor spot with a potential new client of ours who has a huge warehouse that's being mostly unused. We'll see where that goes! Thanks for all (well, most!) of the comments.
Just because I'm out in the garage swearing doesn't mean I'm not having a good time.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:13 PM   #27
Winnebago Watcher

There must be something in the air...My DH drove our coach over a curb yesterday. Got out, checked for any probs and everything seemed fine...until we got about 10 miles down the road That's when the first tire blew!!! 2 hours later back on the road with a brand new tire...everything looked okay until about a 100 miles later when the 2nd tire blew. Long story short, about 3-4 hours and $$$$$ later we had 7 beautiful new tires Poor hubby felt bad enough without me saying anything to make it worse. What's that saying, Poop happens or something like that
Old 03-15-2011, 01:47 PM   #28
Winnebago Camper

My father just passed away unexpectedly this past January. The reason I bring this up is because I noticed something while I was with my brother and sister, and other family members during this difficult time....

It seemed that some of the most comforting discussions that at least brought a temporary smile were when we would bring up the times when things didn't seem to be going so well. One that came to mind was being lost towing our pop-up camper, and when we did finally find our campground, the awning filling up with rain water overnight, and pulling completely off the rig early the next morning. All on the same trip!

Just thought I'd mention this, maybe give you a little different perspective. And as others have said, if this is the worst that ever happens well...
Old 03-15-2011, 02:18 PM   #29
Winnebago Master

This is probably old news to veterans and I'm not sure how effective it would be on an RV, but...

Last year while hanging out in the Outer Banks of NC, we took our Ford Explorer 4x4 on to the beach. We saw tons of other cars and trucks out there and figured we'd be fine. We didn't get 50 feet before we were burried up to the doors with all four tires lacking traction.

I probably looked about as dumb as a post when I got out and walked around it. A very nice guy came over and told me to "air down" and I'd pop right out of there. He handed me a gauge (I now carry one in the toad) and told me to take them down to about 20lbs as I recall. Once I did that it popped right up on top of the sand and there was no problem navigating the beach.

I remember from my dirt bike days that we ran very low pressures to improve traction in mud and sand but we also had rim locks to secure the tire to the rim.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 02:28 PM   #30
I helped | retired moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherylv View Post
Poor hubby felt bad enough without me saying anything to make it worse.
Bless your heart.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 02:45 PM   #31
Winnebago Owner

Rick,

We have the Silver Lake State Park in Michigan and the park is a big sand dune. It is basically an off road vehicle park and there are a lot of Jeeps, rails, quads and all sorts of off road vehicles. My buddy and I run our jeeps on the dunes out there and the first thing we do is air down the tires to about 10-12 pounds.

When I was motorcycle traveling, my buddy and I took our bikes out to Datona and ran them on the beach. All was well running on the moist part of the sand. I decided I wanted to stop and take pictures and so I got off the well traveled part of the beach and parked the bike in what I thought was firm sand. I took the pictures, got back on the bike and promptly buried the rear wheel. A fine gentilman came along and kinda snickered and then helped by pushing me out. I learned my lesson about sand the hard way too.
Chocolate lab (Buster)
2007 Jeep Wrangler
codgerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 03:30 PM   #32
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfire5
well that ends well. He's working on securing an indoor spot with a potential new client of ours who has a huge warehouse that's being mostly unused. We'll see where that goes! Thanks for all (well, most!) of the comments.
Make sure who ever drives or backs it into the warehouse can see and go slow, saw a guy backing into one and tore off half the rear quarter panel. Guess the rear ground guide wasn't watching that side
4Knights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:41 PM   #33
Winnebago Owner

I always say "It's never a mistake unless you can't fix it "!!!
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote