Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-18-2014, 07:16 AM   #41
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
I have heard many wonderful things about the service at the Winnebago factory. You may want to arrange for warranty work with them.

While we were at Lichtsinn for some work we went to the factory for the tour. There were numerous MH there for service. Winnebago provides plug ins for overnight stays, a dump site across the road with water.

Apparently each morning the tech would come out to pick up the MH and return it in the early afternoon for that nights stay.

We are extremely happy with the service at Lichtsinn. They provided electric hook ups, dumped the tanks for us and filled the water. One of our issues was with a leak in the leveling system by the pump. Tech did not like the sound of the jacks so Lippert rep at the factory was called. Rep agreed so jacks were replaced. Winnebago pulled new jacks out of production line as they did not have stock in parts. On the road the next day.
x2 with the factory service. We have been there twice with the old coach. They fixed what no one else could. Lichsinn has a new facility that wasn't there the last time we were in FC, but the company does have a good reputation and they work hand in hand with the factory folks. Probably related to many of them.

This time of the year may not be the best for going to Forest City, IA unless you are equipped to deal with driving your coach in SNOW ! I'll pass, thanks.

With that said, I do hope your problems are resolved soon. Hard to enjoy your vacation when your living quarters are not available.

Rick Y
Old 11-18-2014, 07:38 AM   #42
Winnebago Owner

X3 on the factory service..

I thought I had a major issue with my DS slide.. I DID NOT want anyone touching but the factory guys.. ended up not being as serious as I thought.. but I was totally impressed by the professionalism by the people there.. I would HIGHLY recommend anyone who is having major issues to plan some "vacation time" around a visit to FC for any issues they are experiencing..

and times a bazzillion on the SNOW... I live in WI and I cannot even imagine taking my rig on the road in this weather.. I know other do out of necessity.. but not me... mines tucked safely in for the winter...
oakcreekeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 11:01 AM   #43
Winnie-Wise

Bit of trivia. While sitting at Lichtsinn I spoke with a fellow in a 2013 Tour. He said he had spent some of the previous winter there while they were working on one of the slides. Had to replace it a couple times to get it right.

Anyway he said that while there it had got down to -44. Only issue he had with the cold was the water filter cracked. -44 BBBRRRRR!!!!!!
Old 11-19-2014, 03:36 PM   #44
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Bit of trivia. While sitting at Lichtsinn I spoke with a fellow in a 2013 Tour. He said he had spent some of the previous winter there while they were working on one of the slides. Had to replace it a couple times to get it right.

Anyway he said that while there it had got down to -44. Only issue he had with the cold was the water filter cracked. -44 BBBRRRRR!!!!!!
I think something else was cracked before he got there. I would NEVER venture into that kind of weather or season intentionally.
Old 11-20-2014, 05:36 AM   #45
Winnebago Camper

Oh so new and Green

First of all, let me say that I'm still new to this website and have trouble finding how to post and/or reply so if what I say winds up in the wrong place, that's why.

Just thought I'd let you folks know that my e-mail to Winnebago written 2-3 weeks ago, was answered yesterday via a phone call. After a lengthy discussion, the gentleman volunteered to extend our warranty from 9/15 (purchase date) to beginning 11/19/14.

It was heartening that someone took notice even though it was not that timely. He also said that even if the warranty expired by say up to six months and if the part was defective, that Winnebago generally authorizes repair as a good will gesture (not on appliances or products from another manufacturer).

He had forwarded my email to a regional manager and had talked with the local service department at CW. He said my 4-page letter had not worked it's way through the system so I imagine we have not heard the end of this.

He made no mention of a refund -- which I would gladly have taken to the disappointment of my husband. Our first "real" road trip is planned for Thanksgiving weekend so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we will like the Forza because it appears we are "stuck with it."

Not a surprise, but we have NOT heard anything from CW other than the local general manager mentioning that corporate had informed him of my letter.

Thanks again for all the interest this post has generated.

Thel and Bob
TGarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 01:04 PM   #46
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerichorick View Post
I think something else was cracked before he got there. I would NEVER venture into that kind of weather or season intentionally.
Me neither but . . . . if your MH needs repairs you have to get it done.
Old 11-21-2014, 01:04 PM   #47
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Me neither but . . . . if your MH needs repairs you have to get it done.
I agree, Gordon, but I would first try in a warmer place and hope for the best to get the problem fixed enough to get me into good weather. A -44* on me is too much. On my coach? NO WAY on purpose. I'm not a pioneer spirited camper I guess.
Old 11-21-2014, 01:06 PM   #48
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGarrett View Post
First of all, let me say that I'm still new to this website and have trouble finding how to post and/or reply so if what I say winds up in the wrong place, that's why.

Just thought I'd let you folks know that my e-mail to Winnebago written 2-3 weeks ago, was answered yesterday via a phone call. After a lengthy discussion, the gentleman volunteered to extend our warranty from 9/15 (purchase date) to beginning 11/19/14.

It was heartening that someone took notice even though it was not that timely. He also said that even if the warranty expired by say up to six months and if the part was defective, that Winnebago generally authorizes repair as a good will gesture (not on appliances or products from another manufacturer).

He had forwarded my email to a regional manager and had talked with the local service department at CW. He said my 4-page letter had not worked it's way through the system so I imagine we have not heard the end of this.

He made no mention of a refund -- which I would gladly have taken to the disappointment of my husband. Our first "real" road trip is planned for Thanksgiving weekend so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we will like the Forza because it appears we are "stuck with it."

Not a surprise, but we have NOT heard anything from CW other than the local general manager mentioning that corporate had informed him of my letter.

Thanks again for all the interest this post has generated.

Thel and Bob
I hope you have happy trails. Keep us posted with the good, bad or ugly.

Rick Y
Old 11-21-2014, 04:21 PM   #49
JBP
Winnie-Wise

Yes please keep us posted on how this turns out. Pat and I are sorry that you are having these Problems.
We are on our 5 Winnebago/Itasca and are very happy with the company. I suspect that a large part of our success is because of our local dealers. We have two great ones on the South side of Kansas City. Maybe more but they are the two that we work with.
JBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 10:01 AM   #50
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
I agree, Gordon, but I would first try in a warmer place and hope for the best to get the problem fixed enough to get me into good weather. A -44* on me is too much. On my coach? NO WAY on purpose. I'm not a pioneer spirited camper I guess.
Me neither. He was supposed to be there for an in and out repair of the a slide. It morphed into replacing the slide three times and the days just went by.
Old 11-23-2014, 10:43 AM   #51
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Me neither. He was supposed to be there for an in and out repair of the a slide. It morphed into replacing the slide three times and the days just went by.
I am sorry for you and regret with you the timing. I am sorry if I insulted you with my try at humor. That is not what we should be about when someone is in trouble. The good news is that the factory service center did get your problem fixed. They are great up there, even in the freezing winter conditions!
Old 11-24-2014, 07:52 PM   #52
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
I am sorry for you and regret with you the timing. I am sorry if I insulted you with my try at humor. That is not what we should be about when someone is in trouble. The good news is that the factory service center did get your problem fixed. They are great up there, even in the freezing winter conditions!
Hey Rick. No offence even thought of from the comments. I am with you and would not have been there. I think he just got caught in project "creep". I had to admire the fellow for his persisence in sticking with it to get the problem fixed.

Two good things came out of it IMO. One is he and Lichtsinn stayed with it until it was right. Two is that the coach seemed to handle the cold pretty well.

Currently the coach is sitting in SE California and will stay there until late in the spring.
Old 11-25-2014, 08:01 AM   #53
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Hey Rick. No offence even thought of from the comments. I am with you and would not have been there. I think he just got caught in project "creep". I had to admire the fellow for his persisence in sticking with it to get the problem fixed.

Two good things came out of it IMO. One is he and Lichtsinn stayed with it until it was right. Two is that the coach seemed to handle the cold pretty well.

Currently the coach is sitting in SE California and will stay there until late in the spring.
Good optimism! In so many ways the design of the coach is great. But the QC from the factory is not there. "Creep" projects are often creepy. I am certain that the factory and Lichtsinn have many close family ties. That always helps.

Is this fella camping or storing in CA? We will be in Chico in January. More towards the coast.

I do hope that the OP does not go through these extremes. Doesn't play well for the Winnebago build reputation in general, though the coach did survive arctic conditions.

Stay warm Gordon.
Old 11-25-2014, 09:27 AM   #54
Winnebago Owner

I do agree with Jerichorick, do join the WIT Club, info will be in your suitcase full of stuff. Take the time to send in all of the warranty cards. As a WIT member you might enjoy joining a local chapter so you can attend local campouts and hang with the "Old Timers" who have probably experienced similar problems. Welcome to a great lifestyle.

Don G. WIT 70041
Grimesy is offline   Reply With Quote