Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2016, 04:46 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Leaving this Forum...

All,

We are sadly leaving this forum, as we traded in the tried-and-trusted 2005 Itasca Meridian 34H for a 2011 Tiffin Bus 43QRP

It's been great, but we are moving over to the Tiffin Owners Forum.

La Mesa in Sanford FL will be selling our Meridian. Whoever gets it will be getting a great coach!
THutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 06:53 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Good luck. We will still be here. You can still check in from time to time. Safe travels
motohomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 12:31 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

There are still common systems that your experience can enlighten us all on from time to time I am certain. See you around irv2 from time to time. Happy trails and many of them.

Rick Y
Old 06-05-2016, 09:43 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Send a message via AIM to ed rzepka
Quote:
Originally Posted by THutch View Post
All,

We are sadly leaving this forum, as we traded in the tried-and-trusted 2005 Itasca Meridian 34H for a 2011 Tiffin Bus 43QRP

It's been great, but we are moving over to the Tiffin Owners Forum.

La Mesa in Sanford FL will be selling our Meridian. Whoever gets it will be getting a great coach!
Why? I belong to both and participate in both. The people on both forums have a wealth of knowledge and are willing to share regardless of you choice of motorhome.
Old 06-05-2016, 09:53 PM   #5

Congrats on that Tiffen! That was one of my favorite floorplans!
Atom Ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 10:09 PM   #6

I own a 5th wheel but read most of the new posts.....contribute where I can because an RV is an RV is an RV.

Why limit yourself to just one section?
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 10:14 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Well since he is leaving I'll join this one so we can keep the numbers at the same level. Will someone please tell the members of the Newmar forum I left.
noserider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 10:29 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed rzepka View Post
Why? I belong to both and participate in both. The people on both forums have a wealth of knowledge and are willing to share regardless of you choice of motorhome.

X2. Frequent both even though now having a Tiffin product.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 11:07 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

To the OP: First, congratulations on the purchase of your coach. Second, and not to put a damper on your purchase, but Tiffin had some QC issues for a number of years that could possibly apply to your coach. These are known as the Big Three.

1. Roof rail spider cracks. Tiffin started putting on one piece fiberglass roofs on their year model 2007 coaches and had problems with some of them through year model 2012 when they made a change.

The symptom to look for are fine narrow cracks in the radius portion of where the roof transitions to the side wall.

If that condition exists the fix is to have the radius portion cut away from the roof and aluminum radius sections installed.

2. Wet bay floor rot. You can check for this possible condition by crawling under the coach past the plastic wet bay pan, and using a screw driver push up on the bottom of the floor. If it feels soft or mushy then it is rotted out and needs to be replaced.

The replacement is a non-wood composite material that will not rot.

3. Driver's side floor rotted out. With the DS slide extended, look at the bottom of the leading edge of the slide. If the fiberglass is sagging exposing an opening, again using a screw driver, insert it so you're pushing on the wood floor. If it feels soft or mushy then you have a rotten floor.

The fix is to have the slide removed and the floor replaced.

Some or all of these, if they now or ever have existed, may have already been addressed by the previous owner, which you could verify by calling Tiffin with your coach VIN number.

Again just to be clear, these are only possible issues, and it doesn't necessarily mean that your coach will ever experience them. However I am active on another Tiffin only forum where these issues have been reported.

If you determine that you may have any or all of these issues, please don't hesitate to ask for more information.

I sincerely hope you're one of the lucky ones that will not experience any of the problems listed above, and will have nothing but many trouble free enjoyable trips in your future.
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 07:13 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Thanks all! Yes, I will check in, but will "hang out" on the Tiffin Owners Forum here & the TiffinRVNetwork.

Thanks, Bob! Yes, I did my homework and checked the known issues...also called Red Bay and confirmed no problems, and was assured that Tiffin would take care of the "big three". Was informed of an entry step issue coming out that I may have, depending on the particular vendor.

Anyway, back to moving into the Bus!
THutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 07:38 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by THutch View Post
Thanks all! Yes, I will check in, but will "hang out" on the Tiffin Owners Forum here & the TiffinRVNetwork.

Thanks, Bob! Yes, I did my homework and checked the known issues...also called Red Bay and confirmed no problems, and was assured that Tiffin would take care of the "big three". Was informed of an entry step issue coming out that I may have, depending on the particular vendor.

Anyway, back to moving into the Bus!
Just wanted to let you know as they have caught some others by surprise.

There is a recall on the Coachsteps http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/...tsa_ids=15V880 If you have those steps on your coach the "fix" is just to add a plate under the gear drive so that if the center bolt breaks it will catch on the plate so the steps don't completely fall to the ground. IMHO, a very Mickey Mouse "fix".

When I was in Red Bay this past March I had them install the Kwikee steps. Total cost was $425.00, and they are a much superior step assembly than the Coachstep.
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forum