Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-17-2008, 04:05 PM   #41
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MrG:
Sorry to hear about your incident. I'm part of the 60 or so rigs stuck in thw waiting line to come in...... JG </div></BLOCKQUOTE>One of the parkers is the Texas state president (our row) and he said there are about 100 rigs waiting to enter - must be about 60 where you are and there are a bunch more at the airport.

Mike stopped by this evening and Jane and I got first-person account of the lightning event- yikes!

Glenda - in what section are you parked?

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 04:48 PM   #42
Winnebago Owner

Mike, Colleen and Roxie,

When we met we were in Wytheville, VA just prior to the fourth. You were on your way to Workhorse and then the GNR. It was a pleasure to meet you all.

After reading all of the posts, both yours and others, on the storm and the lightening strike that got you, we were glad to hear you are all OK. Hope it all works out for you.

Best wishes for the future,
Mike, Janet and the Pups
lthrnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 05:24 PM   #43
Winnebago Camper

We are part of the "entrance road campers" too. Hope it dries out enough to get us parked tomorrow.

2004 Adventurer 38R
PaulC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 05:25 PM   #44
iRV2 Marketing

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lthrnk:
Best wishes for the future,
Mike, Janet and the Pups </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Thank you so much. Love the puppies! Thank you for writing!
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 05:27 PM   #45
Winnebago Master

DriVer

Wow! Great story for CBS!!

I was driving out the gate on my way to the Post Office when it hit, and knew it had to be close. We took an indirect hit last year -- that was close enough for me -- I can't imagine a direct hit! At least you are here where the experts can help work out the problems. Hope that goes well! We're looking for to Monday and meeting those we haven't met yet in the past few days.
Old 07-17-2008, 06:29 PM   #46
iRV2 Marketing

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AFChap:
We're looking for to Monday and meeting those we haven't met yet in the past few days. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>AFChap, You'll know me by my new hair-do!

I went by the MILWIT today but didn't see you.
Old 07-18-2008, 01:05 AM   #47
Winnebago Master

Mike, glad you and Coleen and the dog are safe.
As we know material things can be fixed/replaced.
After all we need you in MB this fall.

John, Glenda,Paul and others, sounds if all of you are have soooooooooo much fun..Wish I was there.
Everyone be safe.
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 03:34 AM   #48
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DriVer:
You'll know me by my new hair-do!
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>Also.... if you want to know where DriVer is - just look for the black cloud hovering above him!
Ding-a-ling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 04:02 AM   #49

Driver, I'm glad you have a sense of humor about all of this. We learned that if you own an RV it is good to have!

John, to answer your question, we are in Section A, the second coach from the road. You can see our back end as we are "nose in". I am going to hang the irv2 banner on the back of the coach today if you are looking for us. We are "sandwiched" between two (one is still in service) coaches and it should be interesting trying to back out for service. I don't want a hair do like DriVers!
glenda1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 04:02 AM   #50
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ichn2go:
Mike, glad you and Coleen and the dog are safe.
As we know material things can be fixed/replaced.
After all we need you in MB this fall. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I totally agree with the above.

Mike if it had to happen, and I am sorry it did, it could not have been in a better place. I am sure your Adventure will be fixed right.

Looking forward to seeing you in a couple of days.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 06:01 AM   #51
MrG
Winnebago Camper

Location: at exit 308 on I-65 between Huntsville and Birmingham
Hi John and everyone else. Just got into our spot, section E site E3-17, just west of Driver and the "lightning machine". Hope to see you all Monday at 3pm, John Greco (Mr.G.)
Old 07-18-2008, 08:15 AM   #52
Winnebago Master

Hey Glenda, John, et. al.

Mike and I just finished doing some troubleshooting this morning on his gen set and it appears the genny is fine but the transfer switch is bad. If something had to fail, it's a good thing it's the switch and not the gen set.

Mike's Surge Guard also has a problem - there is no 2.5 minute delay when power is first applied - the contactor immediately operated on applied power.

Things could always be worse

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 11:00 AM   #53
iRV2 Marketing

We went by Glenda's with Warren today and Glenda wasn't home. I see where the iRV2 banner that was on the coach was removed or is missing. Where you at?

There are 90 chairs in seminar D and 1 table and PA system. Colleen said that she wants to bring our chairs.
Old 07-19-2008, 01:58 PM   #54
Winnebago Master

Glenda told me last night they had a service appointment early this morning. I noticed the coach was back when I went by there about 3 this afternoon -- maybe they are sleeping off the early wake-up!!
Old 07-19-2008, 02:57 PM   #55
Winnie-Wise

Another great day here at GNR. MILWITs started everyone off with a Reveille broadcast at 0700 hrs. Yesterday, John mentioned how much he appreciated (?) MILWIT Reveille so I checked to see if MILWIT could get another 5 dbs in volume for him. No luck John, but we are working on a better loud speaker system for next year. Might have a wireless remoted speaker right at your site too..if desired. Incidentally, MILWITs are still discussing playing Taps in the evening for all. Can't seem to get consensus among the MILWITs about it (time). Any suggestions about Taps would be appreciated!

The local parade in downtown Forest City today was outstanding. What a great rebluing as an American to experience a local traditional parade like that one.

As a parade participant with MILWITs today, my magic moment came as we paraded passed the senior living facility in downtown Forest City. Many of the seniors were out in their wheelchairs enjoying the parade. The MILWITs switched from candy giving to the kids..to a large bag of stuffed animals for the seniors. I wish all of you could have experienced our visions as their faces lit up when each one received a stuffed animal toy..WOW!!..such a little thing to us..but what a magic moment for each of them. A few MILWITs spotted a senior gentleman in a wheel chair with a ballcap designating his service in WW II. What a moment to give him his stuffed animal. Then we thanked him for his service to his country. Even though it was late morning...we could see the glow in his face after we thanked him for his service..

Tomorrow...another great day scheduled..
Old 07-19-2008, 03:23 PM   #56
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pubtym:
Any suggestions about Taps would be appreciated! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>From a non-MILWIT member, here is one vote for Taps.

In this part of Iowa dusk comes later this time of year. On nights with no entertainment, 2100 Hours - Call to the Colors followed by Taps. Nights with entertainment - 30 minutes after entertainment is over.
Ding-a-ling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 03:41 PM   #57

Hi everyone,
Yes we did have an early appt. 5:30! (Our granddaughter was thrilled) We just stayed over there last night so we would not have to wake our friends and have them help us back out...those of you that have stopped by can see the what a job we have getting in and out. And guess what????...we get to do it again on Monday at 6:00AM. Therefore, we will be be spending the night at Customer Service again on Sunday night. We had to take off the banner when we pulled out, and I apologize for not getting it back on the coach today. I will get it back up tomorrow for at least part of the day before we pull out for service again.
Since we have the items that were donated by Bill in our coach, and I want to make sure we don't get delayed at service I would like to pass them off to someone so they will be there for the party. I am not anticipating the coach being over there all day, but you never know. I just hope the rain lets up so they will let us pull out for service.
Our row is having a cook out tomorrow at 12:00 (weather permitting) in front of our coach. So please stop by and say hello. When you came by today, I was probably at Bill's grocery geting things for the cookout and State row party. Then we all headed to the Branding Iron for dinner. Now we are all "hunkered" down for the storm as my dog patiently waits til the rain stops so he can go out. See you soon.
Old 07-19-2008, 05:17 PM   #58
iRV2 Marketing

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by glenda1908:
Since we have the items that were donated by Bill in our coach, and I want to make sure we don't get delayed at service I would like to pass them off to someone so they will be there for the party. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I'll stop by tomorrow to see if you have this concern taken care of.

Frank and or John are close by and may respond before I get there. See you tomorrow!
Old 07-19-2008, 06:07 PM   #59

Thanks guys,
My friend and I are going to make an early morning run to the local laundromat, but we will be back by 10:00, if not sooner. Then I can pass off the goodies and other stuff I have. See you tomorrow.
Old 07-19-2008, 06:49 PM   #60
iRV2 Marketing

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by John_Canfield:
Mike and I just finished doing some troubleshooting this morning on his gen set and it appears the genny is fine but the transfer switch is bad. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>John, Thank you very much for coming over and helping me rule out the problems that I am experiencing with the generator circuit.

I have a had a steady stream of antenna pointers today and tomorrow I'm setting up an autograph table!

Right before the storm today Colleen was very apprehensive, can't say that I blame her it's not that often you get blasted by a lightning bolt.

We are meeting some nice people!