Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-29-2013, 03:33 AM   #21
Winnebago Master

my atwood water heater has a 120v switch on the back. i cannot see it without a mirror.
thank goodness that i found that the switch was off as i was preparing to replace the heating element.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 04:53 PM   #22
Former Winnebago Class A

Hmm... I'll have to get a mirror in there. I contorted my body in every manageable way and could barely see any of the back of the unit. I also just found that there is no power to the on/off switch on my control panel for the water heater.... I despise electrical issues.....
Old 09-30-2013, 07:05 AM   #23
Winnebago Master

The power for this switch starts at the ac breaker panel, you might try resetting the breaker. It then goes thru a relay on the ems board, which should be located behind your ac breaker panel cover. Then to the switch on your control panel.
Old 10-01-2013, 12:03 PM   #24
Winnie-Wise

Sgtstriker,
In both Winnebagos I have owned, the switch for the electric water heating element is a 12 volt DC switch that controls a relay on the back of the water heater. The120 VAC goes through that relay to the element and doesn't go anywhere near the One Place panel. Does the switch light up when it's on? If it doesn't, get to the back of the switch and check for 12VDC. If you find 12VDC, the light could be bad. If the switch is good, then you need to get to the back of the water heater and check the element and the relay. If you don't have 12 vdc at the switch, you probably have a tripped 12 volt breaker or a blown fuse.
Good luck
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heater, water, water heater