Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-07-2010, 01:14 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Help needed with my washer/dryer

I just did a "dry run" with our new-to-us Majestic mj9500 combo. It seems to run OK but displays a light I don't recognize....it's to the right of the "on" indicator, it's an X over a red light. I don't have a manual so I don't know what it means....I hope someone can tell me. I also opened the filter compartment and there's nothing in it...it's just an empty drawer...is something missing? Thanks for any help you can offer.............Jim
Marinelender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 04:31 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Here's the Owner's Manual for Model MJ-9900 and also the Owner's Manual for Models MJ9950 / MJ9050V . I don't know if either of these will help you.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 05:21 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thankschris

The manual identified the light as the "no spin" indicator....thanks so much for your reply. We'll think of you when we unload our first load of clean duds....Jim
Marinelender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 05:45 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Did Winnie put a Splendide in some models and a Majestic in others?? ...or is this an owner add-on?? I am not familiar with Majestic, but their website claims "The world's #1 selling all-in-one washer/dryer combination." Can any experienced folks give us a comparison between the two brands ??
Old 11-07-2010, 09:18 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

The handle broke off my Splendide yesterday. I thought my lady was going to flip out. Looks like a easy fix and $50 for the part plus shipping. Parts guy said to make sure the light on the machine is out before you try to open the door or the plastic handle will break. Just a thought!
Old 11-08-2010, 05:50 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finhawk View Post
The handle broke off my Splendide yesterday. I thought my lady was going to flip out. Looks like a easy fix and $50 for the part plus shipping. Parts guy said to make sure the light on the machine is out before you try to open the door or the plastic handle will break. Just a thought!
It is an easy fix... and its a VERY common problem - which is why Splendide shows up at all the rallys selling the handle kits for $50

2009 Vectra 40WD
jimjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 09:03 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Hope you all dont mind me asking this question. Are you satisfied with your combo washer/dryer? Would you buy it again? I am thinking about adding one to our coach.

jim & debbie, 04 Journey
jimmccreary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 09:44 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
handle broke off my Splendide yesterday. ... Parts guy said to make sure the light on the machine is out before you try to open the door
I've jerked mine many times trying to open it before the lock released and haven't broke it yet ...maybe mine is different, as my Splendide doesn't have any lights on it either.

Quote:
satisfied with your combo washer/dryer?
For use in an RV, yes, we are quite satisfied with our Splendide combo. As a 120v combo unit it will never do what 240v individual units would do, but it works well for us in the alloted space. You do have to learn to run smaller loads when washing items where wrinkles are not wanted, and it also helps a GREAT deal to remove the wet clothing after the wash cycle, fold it as if you were packing a suitcase, and then put the folded pile back in the machine, THEN start the dry cycle. We definitely would not want to be RVing w/o our combo unit ...the only improvement we could suggest for an RV would be small stackers if you have the room. That would allow you to wash a second load while drying the first ...not a big deal to us, but it could be a big deal with a family on board, and would come in handy when the g-kids visit!!
Old 11-08-2010, 09:41 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Paul,
thanks for your reply. We've decided to install the Washer/Dryer.

jim & debbie 04 Journey
Old 11-16-2010, 10:49 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Hi Jim:

Where did you get your washer/dryer? Best price I could find is $1099 from Camping World for Splendide.
pameridan04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 05:20 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

That's exactly the price and model that I will install but have not actually purchased it yet. Camping world wants to look at my RV before actually committing to the install

jim & debbie, 04 journey 34H
Old 11-16-2010, 05:21 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

I forgot to say that I will install the model that is externally vented.

Old 11-16-2010, 05:43 PM   #13
a k

https://bigd.worldsecuresystems.com/...ers-and-dryers Discount RV in Decater Ill. Best price. Under $1000
a k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 06:42 PM   #14
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmccreary View Post
That's exactly the price and model that I will install but have not actually purchased it yet. Camping world wants to look at my RV before actually committing to the install

I suspect that your 04 34H is quite similar to my 03. It's a tough install. The toilet has to be removed, but the worst part is trying to find space to lift the unit.

I use a "false floor" on two egg crates in the toilet compartment to slide the unit in. Also, I have installed a plumbing access panel in the bedroom wall to aid in connecting the hoses and vent.

There will be lots of opportunities for CW to damage your MH doing this install, so be careful who you choose.
ernieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 12:51 AM   #15
Winnebago Owner

Ernie, thanks for advice. I will have CW explain to me how they plan the install.
jim & debbie, 04 journey, 34H
Old 11-17-2010, 05:15 AM   #16
Winnie-Wise

My Splendide was a 2003 factory install (Model WD2000S). About 2 yrs ago it quit working----burned up PC board. Got an estimate for repair of $690 for P&L. So I removed it & now use the cavity for junk storage. IMO the Splendide does OK for Small loads. Some people say it takes too long to run a cycle, but IMO it washes AND dries, so I think the total time may be equal to that of washing and drying in standard separate machines. I would prefer the stacked washer & dryer found in Tiffin MH's.

Thudman

Koni FSD's, TracBar rear, SteerSafe, 50A SurgeGuard, Eternabond; 2012 Honda CRV EXL w/Nav & AWD
Thudman is offline   Reply With Quote