Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2006, 01:37 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

We got our packet for the Winnebago Grand National Rally this week. It will be our 3rd GNR in 7 years although we've visited Forest City for service as well. We really enjoy finding friends we met at earlier GNR's.

Anyone on here going? We snagged a spot in the E section hoping for a relatively level site this year.
Old 05-17-2006, 01:37 PM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

We got our packet for the Winnebago Grand National Rally this week. It will be our 3rd GNR in 7 years although we've visited Forest City for service as well. We really enjoy finding friends we met at earlier GNR's.

Anyone on here going? We snagged a spot in the E section hoping for a relatively level site this year.
Old 05-17-2006, 02:28 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Haven't gotten our packet yet but haven't sent for mail lately either.

Just left Forest City and it was rainy, windy and cold. Be nice if it was cold in July. Wishful thinking I know.
Savannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 02:40 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

We arre going again this year. We have our packet. We stay in our state row - wherever they put Minnesota.

Hope the weather is nice!
Old 05-17-2006, 02:42 PM   #5

A group of us are going from our WIT club the Tidewater Tascas. This will be our first time, but several of our group are old hands. One of our members is the VA State President so we want to go and support her. Obviously we will be in the Virginia Row. We have had 4 Winnebagos since 97, so we thought it was about time we went to GNR.
glenda1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 05:49 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

We're not going but we have spent a night or two in the rally park. Be sure you take some good jack pads - even on the gravel sites we broke our 3/4" plywood we used occasionally for jack pads.

Depending on what site you wind up in, you could have a real challenge trying to level. I made some jack blocks some time ago out of 3/4" plywood and a 2x4s. Looks something like this:

======= 3/4 ply
| | | 2x4 on end
======= 3/4 ply
(If this gets messed up when posting, I'll take a picture of mine if anybody is interested)

I don't need these very often, but they are the cat's meow when you have a really sloping site. If my math is correct, this will give you the equivalent of about 5 extra inches of jack for leveling.

Of course don't forget to only use these on the front - don't even think about lifting the rear wheels off the ground

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 06:14 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

We got our GNR packet last week ...we'll be parked with the MILWIT group. Don't know what area that is in, but understand it is the same area every year and fairly level area.
Old 05-17-2006, 06:25 PM   #8
cwg
Winnebago Camper

We will be there again this year, hoping to arrive early in the week of the pre rally. I enjoy the small town of Forest City including the parades and activities. And the seminars are always informative.

Will be in E also. Like that 50 amp service for those hot Iowa summers!
cwg is offline   Reply With Quote