Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-25-2017, 05:20 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Forest City Winnebago

I am on the way to Forest City. I have service scheduled for July 5 - 7 to fix some things they did not have time to fix last year. I will also be attending the pre-rally and rally.

During the pre & rally week, I would imagine vendors will be coming out of the "wood work" to sell attendees accessories for the motorhomes. At least I hope so... and if so, at a discount.

I am looking to put awnings over the windows. Also... I would like to convert the driver side shades (solar and night) from pull down to electric? Can this be done? If so... any recommendations.

I have a 2014 Itasca Meridian 40U.

I would appreciate any suggestions / recommendations...

Thank you in advance for any responses...
Old 06-25-2017, 05:34 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Location: Kamloops, BC, 60 miles from the Center of the Universe
Get a couple of prices from web sites or your local rv dealer to compare when you get there. Sometimes the prices are high and they rely on people impulse buying when the demonstrations are right in front of them.
The window awnings are a great addition when it's hot and sunny.
Happy Glamping.
2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, GP, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with GSXR 1100T or KLR650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Unplanned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 01:51 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

I don't think you will have enough time to get your shades done, even if anyone is there.

We made an aopt. with MCD in McKinney TX(north of Dallas) and had shades put in the cockpit. Took the full week but they only have one installer. We had electric insalled across the front and pull down on both sides. Day/night shades. There is also a guy there who will make wood valences, looks very nice and the stain is a perfect match...............

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 03:18 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue46 View Post
I don't think you will have enough time to get your shades done, even if anyone is there.

We made an aopt. with MCD in McKinney TX(north of Dallas) and had shades put in the cockpit. Took the full week but they only have one installer. We had electric insalled across the front and pull down on both sides. Day/night shades. There is also a guy there who will make wood valences, looks very nice and the stain is a perfect match...............

Thanks for the response. I have the electric on the front , which has spoiled me into wanting the driver side done also. I will be at Forest City 2 1/2 weeks so hopefully that would be enough time.
Old 06-27-2017, 06:45 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Check the WitMag. They had a window awning special for 2115 GNR I took advantage of. If pre-ordered did not have to pay for shipping.

Also, if having tow bar serviced, be there when their booth opens first day.
Old 06-27-2017, 08:02 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

The only vendors that are at the GNR are the many Winnebago suppliers. Sales do not really start until the GNR opens and almost all vendors are in one building on the Rally grounds.
MCD are a supplier and usually are there. As has been suggested, check recent copies of the WIT magazine to see if there is an ad in there to purchase shades. I got mine that way a couple of years ago but had to order by mid May. The deal was thru Winnebage and provided free shipping to the GNR. I suspect that Winnebago does not stock any shades for non current models as every coach is different. Likewise, MCD only take orders for subsequent shipping at the GNR. From what I have read elsewhere, I believe the manual shades cannot be converted to electric ones. Good luck and I am sure you will enjoy the GNR!
bobmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 08:11 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmac View Post
From what I have read elsewhere, I believe the manual shades cannot be converted to electric ones.
Probably not but they can be replaced with electric ones.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago