Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago Lifestyle
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-21-2011, 07:28 AM   #21
Winnebago Camper

Its hard to stay positive when you have worked all your life, finally found an RV that fit your anticipated lifestyle, only to see your dreams go up in smoke as the value of your retirement went down the dumpers, the cost of living is skyrocketing due to unprecedented gov't spending and no increase in SS due to how they account for our cost of living. Fuel, food and medicine are not included. I seriously doubt we will be able to afford another RV in our life times, so it will be weekend trips in the car and staying at motels. And if the cost of gasoline doesn't come down, the weekend trips will be certailed also. Thanks for all the kind words. The RV community has been wonderful everywhere we have gone and helpful on this blog.
bjsheldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 07:55 AM   #22
Winnebago Owner

A very sad situation indeed. But I agree with rray, just because you don't have an RV doesn't mean you can't be part of the forum and join in on the discussion and contribute your experience and knowledge about Rving. I hope you will reconsider about leaving us.
RJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 09:41 AM   #23
Winnebago Camper

Thanks. For now I'm staying a member and check in every day. Still have the love, just not the RV
bjsheldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 07:01 PM   #24
Winnie-Wise

Sorry to hear that news. That is why I am so glad that my truck and trailer a PAID FOR.

Best of luck in the future.

ken
Old 04-21-2011, 07:17 PM   #25
Winnebago Watcher

When one door closes another one will always open, only the Best
Badgerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 09:05 AM   #26
Winnebago Camper

sorry to see anything like this happen to another RVer. We have been in the same boat many a times. we have come back some but like you we live on ss and with no raises, yet insurance skyrocketing. Oh I truely understand. We manager to find a almost vinetage Winnebago for a very good low price. Sure we have had to do some fixing. But that is what all the friends here on this forum are for. Helping the other guy enjoy the good life of rving. Please hang in there and stay with our forum. I am always on the look out for a good deal to pass on to others.
sniggles
sniggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 02:02 PM   #27
Winnie-Wise

Many thanks to all of out there. I haven't given up!! Just begun to fight - Like Gen. McCarther said - I'll be back........

Stay safe out there and good travels.
Old 04-23-2011, 02:37 PM   #28
Winnebago Master

I hear you we just can't seem to get ahead, something just comes along and mess's up our plans.
You should still stay and keep in touch we are like family you know, best of luck to you.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote