Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-20-2018, 05:50 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Cooking?

So the tag line for this topic says,

Quote:
WIT, Rallies, hobbies, cooking, photography, pets, fun, relaxation and general conversation.

I've looked back to 2009 and really didn't see anything about cooking. Something about hauling a green egg (but no ham), and a kitchen remodel, but that was about it.

Do y'all not eat? Or is there another area somewhere? Or do ya just microwave everything?

SLOweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 08:55 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Not sure what you are looking for.

Our RV us just like living in a small apartment and we cook pretty much like we do in a house.
al1florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 02:08 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I actually do more cooking when we rv, than at home! At home I can think up all kinds of excuses to go out to eat, but camping, I like to cook. I make a lot of casseroles like mac and cheese, or cowboy (hamburger, mushroom soup, cheese, and tator tots), etc. It's one reason I wanted both a convection oven for when we're plugged in, and a gas oven for all our dry camping. Otherwise, I pretty mucy do the same things I do at home.
Joette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 11:37 PM   #4
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Past chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLOweather View Post
So the tag line for this topic says,

I've looked back to 2009 and really didn't see anything about cooking. Something about hauling a green egg (but no ham), and a kitchen remodel, but that was about it.

Do y'all not eat? Or is there another area somewhere? Or do ya just microwave everything?

So in my earlier life I was a chef and I’ve carried that on into our RV life. We have an induction stove top for our outdoor kitchen, a gas grill for the outdoor cooking and the charcoal grill if they allow fires. We also have a souis vide that we bring on board to reheat prepackaged meals we’ve cooked at home, and a Instant Pot for slow cooked meals. The only thing I don’t bring, is my smoker, but that’s only because I’m over my GVRW.😲
Old 11-19-2019, 01:56 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Cook all the time. BBq or 2 burner stove with griddle. We always do lots of cooking when we are with our RV group. When we are by ourselves we still cook most of our meals go out once in a great while.
RD Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 12:56 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

My husband and I are vegans and have done some traveling in western Canada (BC, Yukon, Alberta) the past couple of years. We would book motels with kitchenettes as we couldn't reliably find restaurants that catered to our diet, and found that the motels with kitchenettes were inconvenient as we had to pack our food and cookware in and out of each place, and the places were either very expensive or very gross. So we bought a Minnie Winnie last week and next spring will set forth with our food and cookware in our own Not Gross kitchen and I can't wait to try this RV'ing lifestyle!!!
NormnLonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 09:06 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Where's the nearest Jack-In-The-Box!
Just kidding.
DW does most of the cooking. If it needs to be done in the instant pot or air fryer, I'm the cook.
Love the IP.
I want to park next to Wyatt.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 04:18 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

We cook everything while camping that we do at home. My wife will melt for a pan seared filet with sauteed mushrooms.
Old 12-07-2019, 05:33 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

The DW loves cooking over the fire so we do that whenever possible. We carry a portable grate and a grilling basket with a handle. I'll get the fire going while she fixes up potatoes and veggies, etc. in tin foil with seasoning & butter for the grilling basket. Then she grills up a variety of meats with seasonings. Can't beat it and she enjoys it (well, me too). If the fire isn't doable, we also carry a small Weber charcoal grill. When that's not doable either, we just use the kitchen as one would at home. A couple times a week we'll eat out too, we like checking out the Mom & Pop places and avoid the chain restaurants.