Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago Lifestyle
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-11-2007, 07:26 AM   #1
Winnebago Master

Just a reminder for the Winne chat room tonite at 9:00 EST.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 07:26 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Just a reminder for the Winne chat room tonite at 9:00 EST.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:17 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Hi all - do people only use the chat rooms for these scheduled times or do people go in and chat as and when they want?? 'its good to talk hehe
Ice-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 02:57 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Ice-man,

I believe most folks use the scheduled times to use the chat rooms.
Old 12-11-2007, 03:06 PM   #5

can somebody provide a link to the chat room?

edit: nevermind, I found it. Thanks.
amanda_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 03:11 PM   #6

Oh, Ice-man has a good question, though.

If we know somebody else is online at the same time we are, can we go to the chat room and type back and forth in real time even if it isn't the scheduled official Winnebago chat?
amanda_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 03:23 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Hi Amanda
You got to my point in the end it does seem that there is a facility unused. I sometimes come in when I have nothing better to do and to chat to people and hear what they have been doing or have been or come from would be interesting - the site as a whole is fantastic for information, but one can't gossip in there like a chat room
Old 12-11-2007, 03:31 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

After 2 years of confusion, I've finally got into the chat room. All the problems disappeared with my new air card USB 720 from Verizon.

Amanda, I was in the Chat room and it looks like it's open all the time.

Ice Man, it'll be 2:00am for you so you better take tomorrow off work and join the chat room.

For those of you reading this and can only get to the blue screen - keep working on it. Mine works on Verizon but the Wildblue satellite connection doesn't work. Go figure.
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 03:39 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Hi Donavon
I am doing my level best to stay awake for the forum chat....but as for taking the day off - not a chance - I live where I work and work where I live and will be up at 6am no matter what.
I think the chat room is useable, but no one has taken the opportunity to use outside of the times selected.
Old 12-11-2007, 03:43 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DonavonP:
but the Wildblue satellite connection doesn't work. Go figure. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've also never been able to get into the chat room with my Wildblue Satellite. Any ideas why? Is it a speed issue? When we are camping at a campground with WiFi I always try to participate. It's a lot of fun and much more personal that the forums alone.

Jeep Wrangler
Gary the Wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 05:45 PM   #11
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gary the Wombat:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DonavonP:
but the Wildblue satellite connection doesn't work. Go figure. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've also never been able to get into the chat room with my Wildblue Satellite. Any ideas why? Is it a speed issue? When we are camping at a campground with WiFi I always try to participate. It's a lot of fun and much more personal that the forums alone. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know Gary. It can't be the speed. Wildblue is about 3 times faster than my Verizon air card. If my wife ever figures it out, I'll let you know. I don't understand almost everything I know about computers.
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote