Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-26-2017, 08:26 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Anyone know a contact of a Winnebago Sr. Exec

I am sitting in the Winnebago service department with a 4 month old RV that has some serious issues. It is not going very good. Would like to talk to somebody not in the building. We were told on some things that we are trying to get fixed we might just have to deal with it.
Thank you.
Old 04-26-2017, 10:28 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Call the CEO's office, somebody will answer and get your call routed to the right area.

Winnebago Industries, Inc. (NYSE:WGO)

Executives
Michael Happe - President and CEO
Sarah Nielsen - VP and CFO
Don Heidemann - Treasurer and Director of Finance

Winnebago Industries corporate phone number:
(641) 585-3535

Just out of curiosity, whenever it's convenient.....what are a couple of the big issues?
Kiawah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 10:42 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thank you very much.
Old 04-26-2017, 03:35 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

I take it you are presently in Forest City, IA at the Winnebago service dept. There should be customer service liason onsite.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 05:02 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Anyone know a contact of a Winnebago senior.

We are dealing with them. We arrived with an appointment. While I just got my RV back for the night. Now my inverter does not work. This makes 4 things worse/broke than when I showed up. I will be making calls tomorrow. This is after I went on the tour today and took notes how many times videos and Winnebago personal told me about how they take care of their customers. Also had a good conversation with someone that oversees things on how the new CEO was hired to fix the quality care. We will see and I will give anyone who cares the story when it has been resolved.
Old 04-26-2017, 05:23 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

I know it's frustrating but it is just another thing to add to the list in the morning. Since parking at the service center should have shore power, it's not like you need the inverter if you have shore power (or generator).

It is possible that the only problem with the inverter is a circuit breaker trip. There is a circuit breaker on the pass through line on the side of inverter. You can reset it by pushing in on it.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 09:10 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Perhaps the inverter was disabled while working on something and they knew you didn't need it over night so didn't mention it or hook it back up.
1999 Jeep Cherokee & 1991 Jeep Wrangler Renegade
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 10:01 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Yah I am not a mad or disgruntled Winnebago owner. I actually really like my RV. Just frustrated by some answers and my tech. I have a big mistake that is from the Winnebago plant that I don't know how they can make it back to new/right/Winnebago standard.
Old 04-27-2017, 11:06 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

Hang in there. My experience is they will make it right. Our kitchen countertop was repaired under warranty Feb 2013. They said if we where not satisfied, they would replace. They did in Jul 2015.

I am curious how the warranty repairs, 3 years, will go on their new promotional program.
Old 04-28-2017, 08:41 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

I don't think that promotion will last long. Unless there quality and control changes over night.
Old 04-28-2017, 12:55 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

I just bought a 2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD and am on my way to take the factory tour next week. Hopefully we can meet up. So far I only have a few minor repairs needed so I only plan on being there a couple of days.
TXTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 08:52 AM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTiger View Post
I just bought a 2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD and am on my way to take the factory tour next week. Hopefully we can meet up. So far I only have a few minor repairs needed so I only plan on being there a couple of days.

I will be here. Mine hasn't gone back to paint yet.
Old 04-29-2017, 10:36 AM   #13
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphsfromaz View Post
I will be here. Mine hasn't gone back to paint yet.
That statement says it all. A customer should never have to be familiar with shop speak.
Old 05-04-2017, 08:15 PM   #14
Winnebago Camper

Still here.
Old 05-04-2017, 08:27 PM   #15
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Still here.

What's the latest activity? Are they getting you taken care of? How's it going?

2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511, Good Sam, Passport America.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 10:53 AM   #16
Winnebago Master

Quote:
I am sitting in the Winnebago service department with a 4 month old RV that has some serious issues. It is not going very good. Would like to talk to somebody not in the building. We were told on some things that we are trying to get fixed we might just have to deal with it.
Thank you.

We were told on some things that we are trying to get fixed we might just have to deal with it

To me, that's a bunch of horse pucky. You're sporting a brand new '17 motor home and, they tell you, "you just have to deal with broken or malfunctioning items"???? In my book, THAT'S NOT HAPPENIN'!!!!!!! What they should have said is, "We've got some issues with your coach that we've not had to deal with but, WE'LL GET THEM FIXED FOR YOU BEFORE YOU LEAVE!!"
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcurt23 View Post
That statement says it all. A customer should never have to be familiar with shop speak.
Huh????
"Shop Speak" is way more common than maybe you realize. Just look at what the OP's dealing with and, look at just about any SHOP across the nation. If they've got any respectable reputation at all, they're backed up in bookings for repair. So, many people talk with shop foremen, repair techs and a whole lot more. You just pick that "lingo" up almost on a daily basis.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 03:16 PM   #17
Winnebago Owner

if you are at winnebago service, the manager of the whole department is in the office up front. just go to the parts counter and ask them to let you speak to him or her.
. ive been there many times, and the service manager at that time, marv munson, was a great guy to get things done. i dont know if hes there now. but im sure the manager can get something done.
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 04:45 PM   #18
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by azpete View Post
if you are at winnebago service, the manager of the whole department is in the office up front. just go to the parts counter and ask them to let you speak to him or her.
. ive been there many times, and the service manager at that time, marv munson, was a great guy to get things done. i dont know if hes there now. but im sure the manager can get something done.
Not sure if Marv is still there or not, (he may be). But I do know Mike Hamson is a top man there. Have you had a chance to talk to him yet?

2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511, Good Sam, Passport America.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 12:10 AM   #19
Winnebago Owner

Mike Hanson was great when we had issues last month April 5th. All problems taken care of
Honwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 06:53 AM   #20
Winnebago Master

You haven't mentioned whether or not you had an appointment at the service department. If you went through the normal process when making an appointment part of that process is submitting a list of things that need to be repaired before you get there. The list can have as many items as you like, but you have to be prepared to either leave the coach or stay long enough to get them completed.

The service advisor should be able to give you a time estimate to complete each item on the list. Also if there are service items (like oil changes) they will give you a cost estimate.

When you arrive at the service department the you can add 3 additional items to the list.

If you didn't have an appointment the normal process is to only allow 7 items to be repaired. This system gives priority to those that planned ahead. They shouldn't have to wait days and or weeks to get repairs completed because someone without an appointment showed up with a list of 30 items to be repaired.

I'm not trying to be judgmental just explaining how their system works. If in fact you did have an appointment all non functional items should be repaired, and there should be no such thing as making a statement that "you may just have to live with some things".

Another common problem is determining whether or not the items in question are actually broken or whether the customer either doesn't understand how they operate OR does not like the way they operate. In many cases people expect a certain appliance or system to operate the same way as a similar item operated in the past. Often times similarities do exist, while other times a system or appliance that provides the same function as a previous one operates in a totally different manner.

As for your inverter not working when the coach was returned for the evening, it could have been an additional problem, or something that had to be disconnected as part of a larger repair. If it was the latter the service advisor should have mentioned that it had been disconnected.

When the coaches are returned at the end of the work day they should be in a livable condition. That means you should be able to use it for the night without any major inconveniences. It doesn't mean it will be totally repaired. Often times parts have to be ordered or shipped in from another location. It would take twice as long to replace or repair an item if all non essential items had to be returned to working condition at the end of every work day.

Tags
winnebago