Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago Lifestyle
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-12-2007, 01:53 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">We are slowly taking care of the things on my checklist to do before our first big trip over Easter.

1- We had the MH weighed at a certified truck scale yesterday. Well within limits for front and rear axles. Did not get a reading of individual corners yet.

2-Ordered the Dirt Devil central vac system today from rvupgrades.com. Even with shipping was $100 less than at Camping World !!

3- Received the RV360 and just have to install it now.

4- Got the storage compartments all neatly organized and made sure the load was balanced.

5- Made yet ANOTHER trip to CW to pick up some things....funny looking thing the sewer line rests on, drop hitch for kar kaddie, 2007 edition of The Next Exit, awning rug,collapsible cooler and for me a very comfortable outdoor folding rocking chair. Chad was teasing me that I am too young for a rocking chair but I am telling you it was sooooo comfortable !!

Still need to:

1- Figure out bike situation. We have a ladder rack that will hold 2 of the bikes. We don't want to install a hitch on the leased minivan we will be towing. Chad is looking for an attachment that will fit onto the kar kaddie between just in front of the car. He says he thought he saw one, he just has to remember where.
2- Fix the big drawer under the bunk bed. While this is something the dealer would take care of, I don't want to drive it 40 miles just for that one thing. Our 90 days will be up just after we get back from FL and we thought we would take it in then to have all the little things fixed.
3- Install RV360 and central vacuum
4- get a piece of plexiglass for our state sticker map so we can mount it inside rather than outside.
5- check tire pressure

The weather is sooo nice that I don't seem to mind being outside tinkering with the MH at all. Any excuse to go out there and do something will be fine with me </span>

~Shannone & Chad [/COLOR]
Lil'Darlin1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 01:53 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">We are slowly taking care of the things on my checklist to do before our first big trip over Easter.

1- We had the MH weighed at a certified truck scale yesterday. Well within limits for front and rear axles. Did not get a reading of individual corners yet.

2-Ordered the Dirt Devil central vac system today from rvupgrades.com. Even with shipping was $100 less than at Camping World !!

3- Received the RV360 and just have to install it now.

4- Got the storage compartments all neatly organized and made sure the load was balanced.

5- Made yet ANOTHER trip to CW to pick up some things....funny looking thing the sewer line rests on, drop hitch for kar kaddie, 2007 edition of The Next Exit, awning rug,collapsible cooler and for me a very comfortable outdoor folding rocking chair. Chad was teasing me that I am too young for a rocking chair but I am telling you it was sooooo comfortable !!

Still need to:

1- Figure out bike situation. We have a ladder rack that will hold 2 of the bikes. We don't want to install a hitch on the leased minivan we will be towing. Chad is looking for an attachment that will fit onto the kar kaddie between just in front of the car. He says he thought he saw one, he just has to remember where.
2- Fix the big drawer under the bunk bed. While this is something the dealer would take care of, I don't want to drive it 40 miles just for that one thing. Our 90 days will be up just after we get back from FL and we thought we would take it in then to have all the little things fixed.
3- Install RV360 and central vacuum
4- get a piece of plexiglass for our state sticker map so we can mount it inside rather than outside.
5- check tire pressure

The weather is sooo nice that I don't seem to mind being outside tinkering with the MH at all. Any excuse to go out there and do something will be fine with me </span>

~Shannone & Chad [/COLOR]
Lil'Darlin1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 02:03 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Thanks Shannone for the check list, I'll have to double check mine. We'll be leaving for St. Augustine early Fri. morning. Have fun at Mickeys House! We'll be home by Easter. Have a safe trip.
Camping World is more expensive than other places, as you are finding out.
We have the bike rack on our ladder that I use some of the time, others I use the hitch. It work out OK. I put the bikes up high so I need a ladder to do it. Just my Preference.
I do like Rocking Chairs myself. Have fun!
2001 32-V Suncruiser,Ford V-10, 310 HP, 4 Koni FSD's, KVH Tracvision,trickle charge, awning travel lock, 1 dinning room slide; no roof leaks, 03malibu toad sometimes, Blackhawk all terrain towbar, Roadmaster brake Pro,1 wife,1 westy, life is good!
bobpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 02:58 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Shannone & Chad
I have a '03 Sightseer. I put my state flag on the inside of the entry door. I put it towards the bottom so the kids can get a good look at it. It fits perfectly. We get to see it with the door closed and everybody gets to see it when the door is pinned open.
Rick
Old 03-12-2007, 03:31 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

CW sells a bike rack that goes on the hitch. You need to buy a longer hitch that slides in the receiver. The bike rack slides over the hitch bar. You can then hook up your tow bar/dolly, etc.

'05 Meridian 36G
CHIPPYSGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 06:48 PM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

Are there any bike racks that fit 4 bikes that attach to a MH?
Road Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 08:04 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Road Dreamer...
Yes there are. Check with your local Bicycle and sporting goods stores. I bought mine at a bicycle shope for around $300. Slides into to the 2" hitch receiver on my toad. It has a lock cable to wrap around the furthest one out, keeping the honest folks honest . There is a release lever on the back that allows the whole thing to swing down making it easier to load/unload.
Ron-in-Tn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 09:08 PM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

Thank you Ron-in-Tn. I went on RVUpgradeStore.com and saw the bicycle racks. I like the idea of having the swing down part for easier loading and unloading. I'll try to find one at my bike shop in town.
Road Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote