Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-27-2007, 06:16 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE"> Good morning everyone !! It's a beautiful morning here in Michigan (record temps) and I am in such a good mood !! Only 8 more days until our Fort Wilderness trip.

Yesterday, I put our state sticker map on a piece of plexiglass and hung it up inside the mh. Thanks for those that suggested it.

I also put my IRV2 sticker on the back of Winnie in hopes that some of you will stop by and say hi when you see me. I'll be the one sitting by the fire with the goofy smile on my face.

</span>

~Shannone & Chad [/COLOR]
Lil'Darlin1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 06:16 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE"> Good morning everyone !! It's a beautiful morning here in Michigan (record temps) and I am in such a good mood !! Only 8 more days until our Fort Wilderness trip.

Yesterday, I put our state sticker map on a piece of plexiglass and hung it up inside the mh. Thanks for those that suggested it.

I also put my IRV2 sticker on the back of Winnie in hopes that some of you will stop by and say hi when you see me. I'll be the one sitting by the fire with the goofy smile on my face.

</span>

Old 03-27-2007, 07:04 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

I'm jealous. Just had to cancel a short stay at Fort Wilderness this coming weekend. Was going to sneak in a couple days while I was in Florida for business, but it didn't work out. You'll just have to have twice as much fun to compensate for our loss....

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 07:10 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Shan:

I understand the excitement. We anxiously anticipate our departure to the GA coast in about 2 weeks. I'll bet your kids are pumped!!
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 08:53 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Shan:

I understand the excitement. We anxiously anticipate our departure to the GA coast in about 2 weeks. I'll bet your kids are pumped!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">They still don't know we are going !! It's been soooo hard to keep this a surprise. My MIL let is slip that we are going to FL so we played it off like we were "thinking about going to FL over Easter break". We are going to tell them on Monday that we are leaving on Thursday for a vacation..but we aren't going to tell them where. The night before we get to Fort Wilderness I am going to give them the brochure and info about it. </span>

Old 03-27-2007, 12:42 PM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

Your kids are going to love Ft. Wilderness. We are leaving Wisconsin going there next Thursday as well. Our kids are 12,10 and 3.
mpurath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 12:48 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

We surprised our grandkids last summer with a trip to DW. They knew they were going to FL, but didn't realize until we pulled into the DW complex where in FL.

It was fun, but I'm getting too old to keep up with all the grandkids so the DW and I upgraded our passes so we can go back at any time by ourselves and do the old geezer things!

Chris

Murfreesboro TN
The Clock Meister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 02:23 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Your kids are going to love Ft. Wilderness. We are leaving Wisconsin going there next Thursday as well. Our kids are 12,10 and 3. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">My kids are 10,6 and my oldest dd is turning 13th on Apri 9th while we are at the Fort. What loop did you request ?? We will be over in the pet loop area (1500-1900). Stop by and say HI...we will be the Winnie from Michigan with the red mini van, 3 kids and a soft coated wheaten terrier.

What dates are you going to be there ?? We are taking 2 nights down and back so we will actually be at the fort from April 6th-13th</span>

Old 03-27-2007, 04:47 PM   #9
Winnebago Watcher

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lil'Darlin1972:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Your kids are going to love Ft. Wilderness. We are leaving Wisconsin going there next Thursday as well. Our kids are 12,10 and 3. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">My kids are 10,6 and my oldest dd is turning 13th on Apri 9th while we are at the Fort. What loop did you request ?? We will be over in the pet loop area (1500-1900). Stop by and say HI...we will be the Winnie from Michigan with the red mini van, 3 kids and a soft coated wheaten terrier.

What dates are you going to be there ?? We are taking 2 nights down and back so we will actually be at the fort from April 6th-13th</span> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We take two days down and back as well. Arrive on 4/7. We are frequent visitors to FW and are usually in the 700 loop. Look for a Winnie Journey and our black golf cart with the Mickey ears on the side. Anicka is 12, Eilis is 10 and Kadin is 3. We look forward to meeting you there. Have a safe and un-eventful trip.
mpurath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 05:07 PM   #10
Winnie-Wise

Congrats and good luck. Have a safe trip. Be really careful if taking I-75 in South Georgia. Road is reallllllly bad with construction around Adel Ga. Several miles in both directions.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 05:57 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">We take two days down and back as well. Arrive on 4/7. We are frequent visitors to FW and are usually in the 700 loop. Look for a Winnie Journey and our black golf cart with the Mickey ears on the side. Anicka is 12, Eilis is 10 and Kadin is 3. We look forward to meeting you there. Have a safe and un-eventful trip. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">We will look for you there.

Wizard- thanks for the heads up about the construction.</span>

Old 03-28-2007, 10:52 AM   #12
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I'll be the one sitting by the fire with the goofy smile on my face.

[/color] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Question, Do they have fire rings at Ft. Wilderness? We are going down in December and I have ridden through there before and I don't remember seeing any fires. I know that they have a nightly bonfire. Just curious.

300 HP Cat Diesel
GaDawgFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:09 PM   #13
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Question, Do they have fire rings at Ft. Wilderness? We are going down in December and I have ridden through there before and I don't remember seeing any fires. I know that they have a nightly bonfire. Just curious. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">They don't allow individual campfires at the Ft. You can bring a portable campfire but it MUST have a cover on it. In dry seasons, they will ban even those. They do have a free nightly campfire. Chip and Dale come out and interact with the crowd, do a little singing and then you can roast marshmellows. Afterwards they show a Disney movie. It sounds like alot of fun...I'm sure we will go a couple of times.</span>