Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-02-2011, 10:53 AM   #21
Winnebago Owner

Ahhh...Now it is starting to make sense....
movin-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 04:01 PM   #22
Winnebago Watcher

Wayne, we have a 2005 Meridian 39F and have gone through what you described twice. Both times the only fix was to replace the EMS board. The first time was about 4 years ago and, like your circumstance, it just happened out of nowhere. The second time was last Summer when we were caught in a VERY nasty storm (Biblical proportions) in Rapid City and had managed to NOT plug in our surge protector because it didn't really fit well onto the post (won't make THAT mistake again). It took out the board to the water heater at the same time......Found out what you did...extended warranty will NOT cover it. AAAARRRGGGHHH.
LJandKathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 04:38 PM   #23
Winnie-Wise

Well the power problem is fixed. It was the inverter board and it looks like Magnum won't cover it under warranty. The inverter is now wired thru 30 amp breakers. the way it should have been done when it was installed last year. The only problem now is, I have a 2000 watt inverter doing the job that the original 600 watt inverter was doing. A lot of money for a useless upgrade.

UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 06:41 AM   #24
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wthomas1 View Post
Well the power problem is fixed. It was the inverter board and it looks like Magnum won't cover it under warranty. The inverter is now wired thru 30 amp breakers. the way it should have been done when it was installed last year. The only problem now is, I have a 2000 watt inverter doing the job that the original 600 watt inverter was doing. A lot of money for a useless upgrade.

Not useless considering that you can power a lot more with a 2000 watt than a 600 watt when on invert...
Old 03-12-2011, 10:34 AM   #25
Winnie-Wise

My original 600 watt inverter powered only the TV's, now I have a 2000 watt inverter doing the same thing. It will take some major rewiring to use that extra 1400 watts.

Old 03-12-2011, 07:28 PM   #26
Winnebago Owner

You stated a tech was going to put in a sub panel...Have him wire it to the outlets you need...
Old 03-12-2011, 07:34 PM   #27
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin-on View Post
You stated a tech was going to put in a sub panel...Have him wire it to the outlets you need...
I am looking at doing that myself as soon as I can figure out how to safely route the wire.

Old 10-06-2013, 04:09 PM   #28
Winnebago Watcher

I am having the same problem as UFO Pilot had in this old thread. I would like to know if it was resolved.
TomStellman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 04:22 PM   #29
Winnebago Watcher

I posted the above after reading just page one. Didn't go to page 2 to see the continued thread until after the post. Any way, I just bought a 2000 Winnie Chieftain and my EMS doesn't seem to recognize both 120v legs. I checked the outlet and have 120v from each leg to common and 240v between them. The display only shows 30a. The refrig signals low ac when the A/C is on and I turn on the microwave. I don't have this problem when running on the generator.
TomStellman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 04:26 PM   #30
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO Pilot View Post
This morning my 50 amp shore power suddenly went to 30 amp on the EMS panel. I have checked all of the breakers and measured the power thru the transfer switch at 240 volts. Any ideas on what to check or what the problem might be?
Confused, I thought amps is what is being pulled, so it only shows what you are using. As you turn on more stuff amp reading on EMS goes up. Now I will be the first to admit I know very little about this subject.
charliej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 06:45 PM   #31
Winnebago Master

One thing to check is that all of the 120V breakers in the coach are on. Turn each of them off and then back on--a tripped breaker may appear on when in fact it's not.

The EMS depends on comparing the two different sides of the 50-amp power coming in and one side may be wired to something like the hot water heater circuit--if that breaker is off the EMS can't properly determine if it's got 50A.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote