Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago Lifestyle
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 10:26 AM   #81
Winnie-Wise

Any GRN attendees have Radio Control (R/C) airplanes-helos as a hobby? Looking to start an R/C flying group during GNR. Looks like there might be a couple of spots to fly in within one mile of GNR. Need about 300 yd diameter area--grass, treeless...to fly small aircraft in...
I was looking at map and Pammel Park and Clark's Woods Park might have potential. Anyone remember layout details on these two nearby parks?
Old 04-10-2008, 12:45 PM   #82
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pubtym:
Any GRN attendees have Radio Control (R/C) airplanes-helos as a hobby? Looking to start an R/C flying group during GNR. Looks like there might be a couple of spots to fly in within one mile of GNR. Need about 300 yd diameter area--grass, treeless...to fly small aircraft in...
I was looking at map and Pammel Park and Clark's Woods Park might have potential. Anyone remember layout details on these two nearby parks? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I'll have an electric plane of some sort with me - might bring my Slow Stick since I can fly that in a very small area. I have flown at Rally Park before, but it might be a little too crowded this time

I've been to Pammel Park - don't think that's an optimum venue. I'll ask around and see if I can locate a good flying field.

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
Old 04-10-2008, 01:32 PM   #83
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by John_Canfield:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pubtym:
I was looking at map and Pammel Park and Clark's Woods Park might have potential. Anyone remember layout details on these two nearby parks? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I'll have an electric plane of some sort with me - might bring my Slow Stick since I can fly that in a very small area. I have flown at Rally Park before, but it might be a little too crowded this time

I've been to Pammel Park - don't think that's an optimum venue. I'll ask around and see if I can locate a good flying field. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Super.. I have all electrics too..high wings and WW2 Warbirds...an airshow day could be fun...maybe a ball field...football field etc..nearby...

Did Clark Woods Park have potential...it's just North of the nearby golf course..
Old 04-11-2008, 05:04 AM   #84
Winnie-Wise

Need about 300 yd diameter area--grass, treeless...to fly small aircraft in... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Don't know if they'd letcha, but how about......the FC Airport

Seriously, tho.......I do believe Waldorf College has an athletic field in town.
Old 04-11-2008, 08:13 AM   #85

As for the college, you can also eat there too. They open the cafeteria during GNR for the folks to use. Pretty good food and inexpensive too.
Old 04-11-2008, 02:26 PM   #86
Winnie-Wise

Great info...seems like that kinda stuff should be in WIT Magazine under GNR info..
Old 04-17-2008, 04:25 AM   #87
Winnebago Camper

This being the 50th anniversary of Winnebago, we definitely plan to attend GNR. We'll be with the 365 Club.
Old 04-17-2008, 08:46 AM   #88

Love your screen name I have added you to the list for the party. See you there....with wine!
Old 04-27-2008, 05:01 PM   #89
Winnebago Owner

We plan on being in the Indiana row. First time at the big show for us.
Old 04-28-2008, 02:10 PM   #90

Indy,

Congratulations! You and yours are numbers 99 and 100. We will see you there.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:13 AM   #91
Winnie-Wise

Don't know if this is the right place for this but I figured there would be a lot of GNR experience here as this is (will be) our first. DW asked if there will be internet at GNR. I said I didn't know and she said "find out". So will there be?
Old 04-29-2008, 09:10 AM   #92
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MaverickBBD:
Don't know if this is the right place for this but I figured there would be a lot of GNR experience here as this is (will be) our first. DW asked if there will be internet at GNR. I said I didn't know and she said "find out". So will there be? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Past GNRs had a tent set up with tables..chairs.. in parking area with wireless access..
Old 04-29-2008, 09:51 AM   #93

There will be a WIFI tent that you can take your laptop to with tables and chairs. DH did it last year.....plugged in, took care of business then unplugged and packed up the laptop. Getting a connection was not a problem.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:57 AM   #94
Administrator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by glenda1908:
Indy,

Congratulations! You and yours are numbers 99 and 100. We will see you there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

One hundred members of iRV2 in one place..... YIPPEE!!!

Glenda, do we have a "rig" count?
Old 04-29-2008, 10:49 AM   #95
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">internet at GNR </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Two years ago, I sometimes connected to the GNR WIFI from my coach near the top of the hill about the center of the rally grounds. The NETWIT group is advocating for stronger WIFI coverage on the grounds.

In addition to the official WIFI best received in or near the "WIFI tent," there normally are a number of attendees who run open WIFI signals as long as people don't burden them too much by downloading large files, Windows updates, etc.
Old 04-29-2008, 11:26 AM   #96

Bob,
Most everyone is comeing as a couple so I am guessing this is 50 coaches...maybe 52. I know of a few people who have not decided yet so the number will most likely go up before July. I understand they have about 1700 coaches registered so far, and that is up quite a lot from past years. Even with the gas prices too. I know some of the tents they use are pretty big, but I hope they can handle this crowd.
Old 04-29-2008, 01:53 PM   #97
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MaverickBBDW asked if there will be internet at GNR. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Late in October last year we were at the factory for repairs. At night we stayed on the rally grounds and I was surprised to find a very strong WiFi signal provided by Winnebago. They did not have that before. The question is ....... how well will it work with 1,600 MH's there?

There are also dial-up connection jacks outside the big bath house for those who can use a dial tone port.
Old 04-29-2008, 02:16 PM   #98
Administrator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Most everyone is comeing as a couple so I am guessing this is 50 coaches...maybe 52 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

AWESOME!!! GREAT JOB!!
Old 04-29-2008, 03:28 PM   #99
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rebelsbeach:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Most everyone is comeing as a couple so I am guessing this is 50 coaches...maybe 52 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

AWESOME!!! GREAT JOB!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Bob - it seems obvious to me that you should buy either a Vectra or a Horizon and join us

We will have satellite Internet (wireless router in the coach) and I don't mind giving out the router password to some of our gang assuming you are close enough to receive our signal.

The only caveat is it that access to our sat Internet is just for email and very light web browsing (no You Tube!), otherwise we will bog down and might even get throttled back by Hughes if we use too much bandwidth.

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
Old 04-29-2008, 03:30 PM   #100
Administrator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Bob - it seems obvious to me that you should buy either a Vectra or a Horizon and join us </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

John, you don't know how many times I've heard this from "our" friend in Forest City....
Closed Thread

« Set Up Video | GNR »