Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-23-2013, 08:24 PM   #21
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona View Post
I did my 2001 f53 with motor aid 2 years ago.. I took off the lower hose and drained into 5 gal bucket. Then drained the block into another bucket. Closed it up again and filled it with garden hose. I let it warm up and then took off lower hose and drained block again.
Closed it up again and put in 4 gallons of green fuel strength antifreeze. Started it up and filled to full with 3 to 4 gallons distilled water
Amazon sells the coolant strips. Mine still shows good.
Use teflon tape on the block plugs.
Thanks for the info
sswilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 10:33 PM   #22
Winnebago Master

Have not done mine yet but will drain, flush with distilled water/vinager mix, remove the lower hose, evacuate with a shop vac and flush again with distilled water evacuating again with the shop vac before refilling with fresh 50/50.
Old 12-23-2013, 11:11 PM   #23
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilV View Post
Have not done mine yet but will drain, flush with distilled water/vinager mix, remove the lower hose, evacuate with a shop vac and flush again with distilled water evacuating again with the shop vac before refilling with fresh 50/50.
Sounds like a lot of glycol mixture to try and capture for recycling? Even a weak mixture has to be recycled. Can I ask why the vinegar and if it a flush, why use distilled water if it is going to be evacuated?
Old 12-24-2013, 02:32 AM   #24
Winnebago Master

I do not want any chlorimide from tap water that can eat away at the rubber parts getting into the system. Want to flush out problems and not add any new ones. The vinegar will help beak up any sediment and assist with the flushing process. I usually use Engine Ice who reccomends it SOP on my bike and the vinegar flush is now a habit I have gotten into on all my vehicles using a non-toxic antifreeze afterwards.
Old 12-24-2013, 06:36 AM   #25
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilV View Post
I do not want any chlorimide from tap water that can eat away at the rubber parts getting into the system. Want to flush out problems and not add any new ones. The vinegar will help beak up any sediment and assist with the flushing process. I usually use Engine Ice who reccomends it SOP on my bike and the vinegar flush is now a habit I have gotten into on all my vehicles using a non-toxic antifreeze afterwards.
Thanks, never heard of the vinegar suggestion. What make of non-toxic antifreeze is it that you use that meets Ford's specs? And where do you find such a product?
Sounds a bit safer.