Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Heating, Cooling and Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-27-2016, 07:30 PM   #21
Winnebago Master

Send a message via Yahoo to rk911
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFSUNRISE View Post
RK911
Do you have any other pictures of the latch used on your Whirlpool frig. We just bought a 2016 Solei with the Whirlpool 2 door refrig. with upper freezer and lower refrig and it came with a threaded knob to keep the 2 doors shut. Not to attractive or professional. Want to do something better.
Thanks!
sure. the latches on our Whirlpool 3-door are the same type that hold drawers and cupboard doors closed. the latch consists of two parts...male and female. the male piece mounts on the door, the female piece on the body of the fridge as the next photos illustrate.

I purchased two replacement latches when we took delivery because I figure 'Murphy' will come calling sooner or later. my replacement parts came from www.rvdesigner.com and the part number is H315.

hope this helps.

2016 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q
rk911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 03:01 PM   #22
Winnebago Watcher

We found that securing the items in the shelves took care of our residential fridge problem while traveling. Just using the old spring loaded curtain rods did not work with the super smooth surface on the new fridge.

Used plastic lattice work from the big box store, cut to size and drilled holes in them plus super glue to secure them to the inside surface of the new residential fridge. We have had no problems since.

I will attach some pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	15.08.06 Drilled latice Fix.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	247.1 KB
ID:	122548   Click image for larger version

Name:	15.08.06 Fridge After Fix  (1).jpg
Views:	156
Size:	162.3 KB
ID:	122549  

Click image for larger version

Name:	15.08.06 Fridge After Fix  (2).jpg
Views:	208
Size:	176.0 KB
ID:	122550  
mnod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 06:09 AM   #23
Winnebago Camper

That's a great idea. Using the old noggin to solve a problem.
sanford12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 01:30 PM   #24
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVThunder View Post
I ordered the 3M marine 5200 adhesive. Will have to wait till I get home to try the fix because of the cure time. Will post update in 2-3 weeks.
5200 is very good sealer/adhesive, but it may be hard to save the unused portion and get it out past the opening as it tends to cure when opened. You almost need to all of it in the 10 oz cartridge once you break the foil seal.

Back in my working days, we searched for a very strong adhesive to hold electronics together for a 20 ft drop onto concrete and found this E6000 to be excellent. What's nice about this little 2 oz size, is that it easily reseals and stays fresh in the aluminum package.

I use it all over the place, like the head of the drill screws that keep loosing up.

It's $4.29 at Home Depot.

Tags
led, winnebago