Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Heating, Cooling and Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-19-2018, 07:31 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Location: SD Resident; place in Green Valley AZ, and Mission TX
Thermostat stuck in Zone 1

The thermostat in our new (to us) '11 Ellipse will not change from zone 1. The thermostat was replaced this week, but no change.
Has anyone experienced a similar issue and can you suggest a direction to look at next?
Thanks in advance
Joe
JoeCastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 03:17 AM   #2
aa1ssradio

We have the same problem with our 2012 Tour. It will select zone 2 sometimes and sometimes it won't. Was on phone with factory tech's for a month at various times. Thought it was a broken signal wire. Daisy chained them on the roof . . . No success.
Changed T stat . . . No success, They even sent me a new control box for the unit on the roof . . . no success. They seem to think there is some electrical interference in the rig affecting the signal line. I was gonna try some chokes next on it but have not got that far. On mine if you let the tstat sit for like 1 secs and push zone 2 it will go to it and you can adjust as needed. I just live with it for now.

Did the new Tstat get programmed properly??
Ranger Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 07:04 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I didn't reprogram the new t-stat. I was told(by dealer tech) to make sure all power was off before beginning; turned off house and chassis disconnects. Installed per instructions. Then turned power back on. Was told that system would reset the new t-stat. It will cycle through the various heat options in zone 1, but won't change zones. The behavior is the same as before replacing the t-stat.
Old 04-21-2018, 06:36 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

In doing some investigating, the troubleshooting guide indicated to check the signal wire as it could have come loose. This is a daisy-chained wire that goes to an upper unit control board #1, then to #2, and so on. I can identify a signal wire (purple, pin 5) at the thermostat, but I haven't a clue where to find the upper unit control boards. Anyone have a clue where to look?
Old 05-14-2018, 09:00 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Problem solved. They lied that the new T-stat didn't need to be reprogrammed. That solved the problem. Apparently when they put in all the new batteries (yes, all 8), it was disconnected long enough that all memory was lost. None the less, all is working - and at no expense.
Old 05-22-2018, 11:13 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCastor View Post
Problem solved. They lied that the new T-stat didn't need to be reprogrammed. That solved the problem. Apparently when they put in all the new batteries (yes, all 8), it was disconnected long enough that all memory was lost. None the less, all is working - and at no expense.
Glad you got it figured out, Joe. Thanks for reporting back on the fix; that might help someone else sometime.
SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
thermostat