Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-20-2012, 05:08 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Norcold Refer fan runs forever

I have a four door Norcold in my 2004
winnebago adventurer. When outside temperature hits about 75 to 80 degrees the fan never wants to shut off. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. There was a recall on my model that required a sensor for overheating pipes. Problem seemed to start after that. Called Norcold but theye were very vauge. thought maybe it could be door seals. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks, Frank
Frank & Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 05:32 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

The fan is controlled by a thermostatic switch, It may be hot enough to turn it on just from the heat of the sun.

Today, I ran my generator for a couple hours while I got my eyes checked and wife went shopping,,, Since I knew it was going to be over an hour I put the Gen-Turi on, NEVER before has it been so hot it was uncomfortable taking it off... Not the generator's heat, The SUN's heat, Same with your fan.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:43 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Has nothing at all to do with the Norcold recall. Those are demand fans when the fridge needs help shedding the heat.

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 05:53 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCVJeff View Post
Has nothing at all to do with the Norcold recall. Those are demand fans when the fridge needs help shedding the heat.
x2
US Navy Vet.
Bruce C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:32 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

It's very common when it's that warm for the fans to run often. You might want to clean or have someone clean the stack behind the fridge. Dirt, dust, webs and bee nests in the stack can impede the natural air flow and cause the fans to run more. Also if your fridge is on the sunny side of the Rv and you can put down the awning to shade that side the fans will run less.
zippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:16 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

If it is really hot, take off the upper vent cover to allow more air circulation. I had to do that last summer in Texas when it was 105-110.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:45 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Thanks guys...I noticed that yesterday on my coach. I'm glad to know that it's supposed to be running.
Ramzfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fan, norcold