Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2018, 11:53 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Norcold DE-0061 Question

My 2007 was upgraded (by me to get away from the fire starters) to a DE-0061 ac/dc unit years ago. It works ok, but it seems to constantly cycle. 4 minutes on/ 3 minutes off. Noticed this when I first installed it and it has stayed the same. It keeps every thing cold, and the freezer is ok, but I can't get Ice Cream solid.

Door Gaskets are fine, no gaps or looseness, just seems the temperature control is too sensitive. I'm designing a new thermos-stat for the refrigerator using a more sensitive therm o-probe and digital control.

I have added insulation to the exterior of the box and that has helped a little. I don't get a lot of frost. And other than the constant cycling noise it appears to work ok. And that is the problem. The bottom compartment Never gets below 39 even when not opened for extended periods, but it keeps cycling. This is the early model de-0061 with the japanese compressor

Just looking for other experiences.

Thanks
Old 07-19-2018, 03:05 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmckinley View Post
My 2007 was upgraded (by me to get away from the fire starters) to a DE-0061 ac/dc unit years ago. It works ok, but it seems to constantly cycle. 4 minutes on/ 3 minutes off. Noticed this when I first installed it and it has stayed the same. It keeps every thing cold, and the freezer is ok, but I can't get Ice Cream solid.

Door Gaskets are fine, no gaps or looseness, just seems the temperature control is too sensitive. I'm designing a new thermos-stat for the refrigerator using a more sensitive therm o-probe and digital control.

I have added insulation to the exterior of the box and that has helped a little. I don't get a lot of frost. And other than the constant cycling noise it appears to work ok. And that is the problem. The bottom compartment Never gets below 39 even when not opened for extended periods, but it keeps cycling. This is the early model de-0061 with the japanese compressor

Just looking for other experiences.

Thanks

Never had frozen ice cream in my old RV's with the standard RV fridge. The residential is the only way to go. You can keep it cold with the generator when on the road or upgrade your batteries and inverter. As far as the cycling goes, that doesn't sound right from the get go.

Tags
norcold