Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-21-2018, 01:30 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

LP Gas Stove on a Via 25Q

Hello - I am a newbie to RVing and am going through the learning curve on my RV.

The questions should be simple . I cannot get the stove to light ( no gas ).

1. I have the Main shut off on.
2 . I have 62 % LP in the tank
3. I have the interior LP switch in the on position
4 . I rotate and hold the stove button in to the High flame symbol
5. Ignitor ( works ) - no flame .

Is there a solenoid or fuse I am not seeing in the manual ?
Paaymans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 04:18 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Have you recently had the propane tank filled? Are your LP gas monitors/alarms on? If they detect gas they can shut off the flow from the tank, assuming they are the style that connects to the tank.

Try turning off the propane then reopen slowly. Then turn on a stove burner and attempt to light it.

Oh... and welcome to the forum.
SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 05:52 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thank -you - tested all other functions of the RV LP stove and water heater working fine. Checked the alarms and reset - read the book again. It appears the previous owner did not use the stove very often or at all. There must be a " function " inside the turn on knobs that are not allowing gas to flow a blocked or stuck restrictor?
Paaymans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 09:05 AM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

You might turn on your propane for heater to see if youre drawing propane at all.
RayG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 07:38 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I'm sure you've probably fixed this issue but I'm going to share an experience I had a lot like the one you had. We were on vacation last year and half way through the trip and after filling our tank, we had no propane for any appliance (stove, heat & instant water heater). After much troubleshooting by us and a technician, we found the regulator was full of oil. Evidently some places that sell propane can put oil into your tank because they don't sell much propane and the propane can break down in their tank producing oil.
brican is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas