Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2018, 07:29 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Dash Air Conditioner Problem

Something has gone awry with my 2015 Minnie Winnie 22R's dash air conditioning. It has been ceasing to blow from the dash A/C ducts and blows a little on the floor. Then, when it wants to, it will go back to blowing from the dash ducts. Any ideas?

I already have an appointment at my RV dealer Wednesday for some other work. Hopefully, they can take care of this.
Old 08-11-2018, 08:21 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Have you used the blue to red temperature controller recently? Most times they are on full cool. Putting them to a warmer temperature will open a mixer valve/gate and could be stuck. Also the temperature controller works off of a vacuum and typically the little canister is under the front hood. it has a small 1/8 or so diameter hose connected to it It could have come loose or sprung a leak, Leak could be anywhere, even behind the dash.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 05:38 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

X2 on Wayne M, the vacuum lines are 3/32, I had to replace mine on my 2007 due to mechanical abrasion causing a vacuum leak.
Old 08-28-2018, 09:06 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Yep, it was a vacuum leak. All fixed. Thank!
Old 08-28-2018, 08:33 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Good news. Thanks for reporting back.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 08:57 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I'm having a similar problem so this is helpful information. I need to replace one of the condenser fans also. The plan is to replace the fan when it arrives and check for the vacuum leak then.
BobT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 05:47 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

I am also having a similar problem. y wife says there is no cold air coming from the dash vents. There are two fans under the hood on the Workhorse 2004 chassis. One fan was burned out and that model is no longer manufactured. I could find them listed on line but the cheapest replacement was over $200. I went looking for similar fans and found identical ones at American Volt in Atlanta, GA. I ordered two individual fans with a total cost of about $70 with free shipping. The two fan set would have cost $80.
Old 09-14-2018, 05:58 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

The new fans are nearly identical to the original ones in size. The new fans are rated at 1400 CFM each, while the old ones are rated at 750 each. I will need to convert from puller to pusher mode this weekend before installing them.
Old 10-27-2018, 05:42 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Having same issue on my 2000 Adventurer, I think into is a vacuum issue based on replies here, now to try to find a leak! Any clues?
BillJolene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 11:02 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

If you pull down the parts manual for the coach, the manual will have exploded views of the coach listing the various parts. You can view where the major components of the Winnebago installed parts are. Try to trace back from that. As far as the drive train connections, those are a little hard. As a general rule look for thin plastic tubes in the engine compartment. Those are usually the vacuum lines. They are about 3/32 and are normally in different colors.
Common colors used for FORD chassis VERIFIED on my coach
yellow - defrost door
blue - panel/floor door
black - source vacuum
white - air inlet door
red - panel/floor door

Don't know what chassis you have, but hope these will help.
Good Hunting
Old 10-29-2018, 10:47 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJolene View Post
Having same issue on my 2000 Adventurer, I think into is a vacuum issue based on replies here, now to try to find a leak! Any clues?

A friend checked my 2004 Adventurer and said there was no vacuum to operate the valve. Took the rig to a Workhorse shop, they tested the system. They found a leak in the hose at the dash control panel and replaced the hose and the control panel. Before replacing the panel selecting the A/C setting blew cool air on the passenger side. Selecting the MAX A/C did nothing, no air at all, now it is blowing more air than ever before.
Old 10-30-2018, 02:26 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJolene View Post
You can try using something like this test kit with a couple hemostats to help track it down.

Picture Posting Guide
charge-it is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air conditioner, dash, dash air