Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Heating, Cooling and Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-14-2016, 06:48 PM   #21
Winnebago Master

If nothing else got blown out by a "lightning surge", then I'm convinced that the cause was low voltage. A Hughes Autoformer will be your best friend to prevent this in the future. See reply #12 for price and specs.
Old 02-19-2018, 12:33 PM   #22
Winnebago Watcher

We had both failures on our 2015 Adventurer. The rear Mach 8 13.5 unit had a bad control board (had to wait on the back-ordered part), and the fan blade issue on the front unit. This left us without AC, so I had to pull the fan blade and isolators from the rear unit to get the front unit working. Following repairs, everything worked fine until yesterday when the front fan blade (used to be the rear) failed. I checked and the repaired rear unit has the new, corrected fan blade (part number contains a ‘D’). The original fan blade numbers contained a ‘B’. There has been a lot written in forums about these fan blade failures.

My question is whether anybody has gotten Coleman to supply the replacement fan blade and isolator kit under warrantee? The above failures occurred just months out of warrantee; however, given the ‘proof’ of fan blade failure for the ‘B’ and ‘C’ fan blades, seems like there should be cause.
VanMetred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 05:13 PM   #23
Winnebago Owner

UPDATE: Forgot about the this post started by me until VanMetred's recent post. Well in Spring of 2017 I had the coach up to the dealers for a replacement of the slide hardware after it failed a second time. While it was there I had them service the generator as it would stop on its own. When I picked it up eight weeks later and two weeks before a month long planned summer trip, I went over the repairs with the technician and regarding the generator he mentioned that to put a load on it he ran one A/C unit on heat pump and the other on A/C and everything worked fine. While loading up the coach for the trip the rear A/C unit wouldn't work at all and some of the receptacles were out. After a couple of phone calls and troubleshooting it I found that one of the breakers on the generator was tripped. Reset it and the A/C came on. Didn't wait until it started cooling. We went on the trip and the rear A/C did not cool. The fan worked only. We ended up just running one A/C and using a box fan in the hall way kept the bed area cool. On the way home a month later we stopped at the dealer and they ended up replacing the unit under the service contract.
Member FMCA F421963, GS Life, SKP#127220, WIT, PA,
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Robmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 01:13 PM   #24
2002 Journey WPK36GD

I just bought a Hughes Auto transformer from Tweety's.

The price was $508.80 with no tax or shipping. These are great devices as they run the transformer in saturated core mode. This way they will actually "boost" low voltages (within reasonable limits). There is also a replaceable module designed to adsorb transients caused by short term voltage spikes. As an Electrical Engineer I appreciate this device design and wish I had it last winter in Texas storms.
CharlesMoore is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air conditioner, heat, heat pump