Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Heating, Cooling and Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-16-2019, 03:46 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

A/C running continuisly

Hi Everyone
I'm new here on this forum and hope the forum can help.
I have a 2014 Itasca Ellipse 42QD
I have 3 zone A/C. The front a/c unit runs all the time on hi speed blowing cold air. It does not matter If the thermostat is turned to heat/ fan only/low speed/ or Off. The unit continues to run. The only way to shut off the front a/c is to turn off the breaker. The other 2 zones on the thermostat work fine and function properly. I have tried resetting the entire system with no luck. What i'm told is the thermostat may be sending a pulse to the control box keeping this one unit on.
Can anyone tell me where I can find the a/c control box on this model coach?
Thanks Carl
carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 04:54 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

What about if you put it on Cool/Auto?
Old 06-16-2019, 06:01 PM   #3
Site Team

I also set mine on auto, but set the front unit a degree higher than the rear unit. You May also want to check your temperature sensors, in case the front one has been disconnected.
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 06:15 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

AC Running

Quote:
Originally Posted by carly View Post
Hi Everyone
I'm new here on this forum and hope the forum can help.
I have a 2014 Itasca Ellipse 42QD
I have 3 zone A/C. The front a/c unit runs all the time on hi speed blowing cold air. It does not matter If the thermostat is turned to heat/ fan only/low speed/ or Off. The unit continues to run. The only way to shut off the front a/c is to turn off the breaker. The other 2 zones on the thermostat work fine and function properly. I have tried resetting the entire system with no luck. What i'm told is the thermostat may be sending a pulse to the control box keeping this one unit on.
Can anyone tell me where I can find the a/c control box on this model coach?
Thanks Carl
Carl,
I have the exact same unit. The only way I can control the individual units is with the thermostat settings. I usually set zone 3 about 3 degrees higher than the other two. I think that the sensor for that zone is near the front TV and can give the thermostat false temps.
Good luck.
Marty
mwgettler is offline   Reply With Quote