Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-01-2019, 07:19 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

3-way refrigerator issue

I have a 2013 ERA and am having trouble operating my 3 way refrigerator using the 12 volt mode while driving. The house battery appears to be fully charged. What am I missing?
BillJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 07:57 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

The Unit requires 12V DC to operate it’s brain from the coach battery. The coach Master Electrical Switch has to be ON. Then.... 12V DC cooling is provided only by the alternator (engine running due the wattage demand of the electric heater). LP Needs to be ON and is controlled by the brain. Genny or shore provides 110V AC for the AC heating element.

Turn it on Automatic. It will switch to the best energy source. Set the temperature to the middle range. If there is a problem....it should display a fault code. Codes are in your fridge manual.
Old Crows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 09:18 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Many thanks! I used to be able to put it on 12V mode while driving, but it now blinks and is not cooling. I will just plan to leave it on Automatic. Appreciate your help.
BillJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 11:55 PM   #4
2016 View 24J Profile

3way fridge

I feel your pain, had a similar issue with mine. The operation of this thing is so simple but can seem so complex.
Follow an electrical schematic and verify the 12 volt fuse on the control board has power through it . Measure the resistance of the 12v heater. If ohm’s are within specs you probably have a bad control board
If replacing the board I suggest replacing the face panel board also.
You can purchase on Amazon for about $300 for both
The control board has a rather high failure rate and is diagnosed by simply eliminating the other components
AlanO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
refrigerator