Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-02-2018, 07:51 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

01 Adventurer 35Gu heat ducting access?

I think there is some ducting disconnected from the bedroom forward. Would like to know where access points are at for me to inspect/repair.
Is there somewhere i should be looking in my factory books or do i just need to start unscrewing things to see if i can get to it.
My concern is that the heat comes out like a blow dryer in the bedroom and barely comes out in any of the other floor vents.
Looking for others experience or opinions.

Thanks
H20SKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 05:43 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Mine also comes out strong in the bedroom and tapers off through all vents up to the dog house. At the dog house vent you can feel a breeze but not much. I have covered up the bedroom vent and this helped some. That's not a good idea if the duct is completely plugged. Furnace specs. call out for so many vents required. I'v thought of putting in a booster fan in duct but don't know how I would do that. I don't know how to access the duct, possibly down through the floor. Might need to call Winnie customer support. Please let us know what you find.
Old 10-24-2018, 08:54 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Has it always been that way? If not maybe it got plugged somewhere. I would try running a fish tape thru it. Mine is not as strong in the front, but it sufficient to do the job.
Old 12-17-2018, 10:55 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Our 2016 Adventurer has plenty of air coming out all of the vents BUT our problem is that it will be a comfortable temperature in the RV but the gas heat will come on and when we check the thermostat is reads 40 degrees? Is anyone having this problem and if so do you know why?
ddethridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 01:49 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddethridge View Post
Our 2016 Adventurer has plenty of air coming out all of the vents BUT our problem is that it will be a comfortable temperature in the RV but the gas heat will come on and when we check the thermostat is reads 40 degrees? Is anyone having this problem and if so do you know why?
I think it pretty much has to be your thermostat. Does it ever read anything close to what the actual ambient temperature is? I'd Google the make and model of your thermostat for a troubleshooting guide if it's not included in your documentation that goes with the coach.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 03:09 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Yes the thermostat seems to read the correct temperature most of the time.
Old 12-17-2018, 03:53 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
The thermostat sets it self back to 40 degrees or it is 40 degrees outside? If it is 40 degrees outside many people will tell you that that is the way it is supposed to work. However on mine it will run and stay warm at a much lower temp. Then if my inside temp drops 3 degrees then the gas will kick on.
Old 12-17-2018, 04:38 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

The thermostat sets itself back to 41degrees then we turn the gas off and it goes back to where we had it set previously. It was 48 outside and 73 inside.
Old 12-17-2018, 04:51 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

I have not heard of that one. Sounds like a thermostat, but they are not cheap, so I would hesitate to replace it until you are sure that is the problem. Have you tried turning the power off and back on? Even the coach battery so there is no power to it for about 30 seconds. I will follow along and see what other people come up with.
Old 12-17-2018, 08:14 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by H20SKE View Post
I think there is some ducting disconnected from the bedroom forward. Would like to know where access points are at for me to inspect/repair.
Is there somewhere i should be looking in my factory books or do i just need to start unscrewing things to see if i can get to it.
My concern is that the heat comes out like a blow dryer in the bedroom and barely comes out in any of the other floor vents.
Looking for others experience or opinions.

Thanks
I have no idea if your rig is similar in construction but you should check out this link, it may shed some light on your problem:

http://www.winnieowners.com/forums/f...ml#post3830550
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 06:04 AM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
you should your own thread and you may get more replies

Tags
adventurer, heat, vent