Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-25-2007, 06:49 AM   #41
jeb
Winnebago Camper

I have not had to replace my electric bypass valve yet. So far, the replacements are working fine. I'm sure they would not be too hard to replace, though. I'd just order the manual ones, like our 03 Adventurer had, if I was going to replace them. Might have to extend some of the hoses with compression fittings.
jeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 09:53 AM   #42
Winnebago Owner

We removed the valve this morning and replaced it with a union and a cap. The union between the two feed lines and a cap on the drain line.

Thanks for the help and hope I may do the same.

Full Time 2003 Journey DL
CaptChet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 12:00 PM   #43
Winnebago Owner

Our UA came with the Swan system, but the last owners pulled out the relays and valves for it, I assume they had problems.

They left the plumbing in the bay pretty buggered up, so I looked into replacing the system (Yeah right, I don't need auto winterize for $600.00!). So I decided that I would just clean up the plumbing mess and add the bypass valves.

I was a bit take back as to how difficult it was to find the plastic "Flair It" style valves. We were in Tampa at the time, and I went to about 10 dealers, and ended up ordering them from Mobility RV.

John (N9MXX) & Derek (KC9KEM)
Moder2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 01:19 PM   #44
Winnebago Owner

Dind't know that there was such a problem with winterizing the rig.

My winterizing consist of loading the rig in mid December and heading for Key West until April. No problem.

07 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 08:07 PM   #45
Winnebago Owner

No problem finding flair it fittings from flaired to pipe. Pipe valves are readily available.
We used the fittings removed from the swan valves and put them into a brass union.
We are in Fernley, NV East of Reno and went downtown to the local True Value. They have a rack about eight or ten feet wide by six feet high of all kinds and sizes of the plastic fittings in several sizes. tees, y's street ells 45's, 90's etc....

Full Time 2003 Journey DL
CaptChet is offline   Reply With Quote