Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-08-2013, 03:45 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

where is the fresh water drain valve

Just purchased a 1985 Itasca Jubilee class C and need to find info on this model. Such as where is the fresh water drain valve. Just filled the fresh water with clorox water to sanitize tank and lines, but now can't find the fresh water drain and don't want to empty the entire tank running the pump and turning on the faucets. All my other MHs have had a fresh water drain valve.

Also, how do I find a operator manuel for this older MH. At the Winnebago/Itasca website they only have manuals dating back to 1990.
hdnomads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:25 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdnomads View Post
Just purchased a 1985 Itasca Jubilee class C and need to find info on this model. Such as where is the fresh water drain valve. Just filled the fresh water with clorox water to sanitize tank and lines, but now can't find the fresh water drain and don't want to empty the entire tank running the pump and turning on the faucets. All my other MHs have had a fresh water drain valve.

Also, how do I find a operator manuel for this older MH. At the Winnebago/Itasca website they only have manuals dating back to 1990.
Well Partner,
It sometimes is in a compartment not associated with any plumbing, i.e. the water compartment/dump etc. And, on some, it's a "T" handle that's alongside a cross member or hidden from the normal view. It could be a little handle with a ball on it about the size of a Ping Pong ball. All the coaches we've had, had them on it in one place or another so, you should have one, it's just hard to find. Sorry I could not be more specific. Good luck.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:39 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

I'm not familiar with an Itasca Jubilee (and I don't see anything by that name on the Winnebago website for 1985 or surrounding years), but if you contact Winnebago (see FAQ, Contact numbers) with your vehicle serial number they may be able to help you out and provide copies of manuals, diagrams, etc.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:27 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

The only reference I could find online for a 1985 Jubilee class C is a model manufactured by "Mobile Traveler Inc." Looks like it was based on Ford Econoline.

RV 1985 Class C Jubilee Mobile Traveler in Missouri Laurie for sale | RV Homes For Sale | RV, Car and Home Insurance
emiddleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:06 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

If you have a shower or outside faucet it is often the low point drain. It will take some time but should get the job done.
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:08 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Check under the dinette cushions, that is where our water tank and rain valve are.
RoyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:39 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

I thought the "Jubilee" was made by Fleetwood a few years ago...?
Old 03-09-2013, 09:15 PM   #8
CD
Winnebago Watcher

We have a TT. The water tank drain on it is a pipe that comes down from the tank to the underside of the TT. It just has a cap on it. I use pliers to remove it and let it drain.

'01 3500 Ram QC HO 6sp. BD Exhaust Brake
CD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:41 PM   #9
Winnebago Watcher

My 89 Itaska has push pull valves inline about 3 feet from the pump. Pull a valve open and run the pump to drain the tank. It does dump out underneath.Don't care much for running the pump that long but thats the way it is according to the manual.The valves have a ring like a keyring on it.
Sunflyer2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water