Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-10-2007, 04:16 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

I can not get the water pump to pressurize the system unless I first use the city water connection and then disconnect. The pump holds the pressure fine and delivers water to the faucets.
Any ideas what I might need to do?
Thanks -- Frank O.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:16 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I can not get the water pump to pressurize the system unless I first use the city water connection and then disconnect. The pump holds the pressure fine and delivers water to the faucets.
Any ideas what I might need to do?
Thanks -- Frank O.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:21 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Send a message via Yahoo to vicsryd
Are you saying if you just turn on the pump without pre-pressurinzing it just runs on with no water delivery?

vicsryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 01:54 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

I too don't quite understand the question..

I do know when you have two positions, city and tank fill, if you turn it to tank fill the pump will run all the time as this creates a loop.

If you every run out of water in the tank, this is a good way to reprime the pump.

Looking for a better description of the problem.

Good Miles
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 03:16 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ichn2go:
I too don't quite understand the question..

I do know when you have two positions, city and tank fill, if you turn it to tank fill the pump will run all the time as this creates a loop.

If you every run out of water in the tank, this is a good way to reprime the pump.

OK, sorry for the poor description. I filled the tank through the city connection. I then disconnected the city connection and used the outside shower to clean up a little without the pump or city connect so the pressure went down naturally. I then went inside and did some straightening up and decided to turn the water pump on. The water did come out of the faucets but when I turned them off the pump continued to run. I may have left the valve in the "tank fill" position but I am not sure. I will pay attention next time. The system is now pressurized and the pump is off. Should I keep the pump off when traveling?
thanks for the feedback.
Frank O.

Looking for a better description of the problem.

Good Miles </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 05-11-2007, 04:07 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

We turn the pump off when traveling if we think about it. Most of the time it stays on. Memory not so good any more. Never had a problem but when traveling i suppose there could be more of a change of developing a leak. Not anything to really worry about. My thoughts anyway.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 04:47 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

I agree with Wizard - turning it off is considered "good practice". If a leak should develop, you probably won't hear the pump while you're on the road and could find a flooded compartment when you stop. However, like Wizard, I don't alway remember and it's not a big deal.
tomsm is offline   Reply With Quote