Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-02-2007, 04:07 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

I'm looking for the water pump high pressure shutoff switch, (or if just one sensor for both highshutoff and low shutoff pressure sensors for the water pump).
My pump turns on automatically with demand, but continues to run after faucet turned off. Maybe its another problem but I suspect pressure switches.
06 Itasca Suncruiser 38T
Old 02-02-2007, 04:07 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I'm looking for the water pump high pressure shutoff switch, (or if just one sensor for both highshutoff and low shutoff pressure sensors for the water pump).
My pump turns on automatically with demand, but continues to run after faucet turned off. Maybe its another problem but I suspect pressure switches.
06 Itasca Suncruiser 38T
Old 02-02-2007, 04:16 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

It's built into the pump and can be adjusted, find the manual.
Bagger97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 05:15 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Depends on the pump you have - if it is the Shurflo 5.7 smart pump then no, it is not adjustable. If you have the 2.8 'dumb' pump, it has a conventional pressure switch but I don't believe the cut-in and cut-out pressures are adjustable; I think the manufacturer doesn't want you to fool with it anyway.

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 12:49 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

The Poster indicates that when he turns on the faucet , the water comes out, and the pump comes on. When he turns the faucet off, the pump continues to run for a short while. This is completly normal.
When the faucet is shut off, the pump continues to run until the pressure builds up and then shuts off.
The pressure switch is usually mounted as part of the pump. It senses the lowering of pressure when you open the faucet and also senses the pressure after the faucet is closed. It does take a few seconds to build up the pressure and shut off the pump.

Is this what you meant as your question?

Good Luck

Full Time 2003 Journey DL
CaptChet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 04:11 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Twas a "Operator Problem" versus pressure switch problem but I sincerely thank you folks. When I disconnected what has proved to be a realatively low pressue external source and ran all faucets for a few moments the system worked normally.

I had read elsewhere on the forums that placing the pump switch in the on position would help relieve low water flow for showers etc. It does definitely help but, after this experience the switch will go back to off imediately following shower use!
Old 02-02-2007, 06:53 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Has anyone installed an additional on/off switch like in the bathroom? I have to walk all the way to the front of the coach. Can I install a second switch in the bathroom? Anyone done it?
dengraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 02:19 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

We have an additional switch installed in the water service/tank service compartment which is immediately below the shower/john in our configuration. I don 't think it would take much to duplicate that switch about five feet higher with a little cable threading if you are comfortable with electrical wiring.
Old 02-04-2007, 12:21 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

I have a friend that did just as Paul T suggest. It was an easy installation and works just fine. The friend says his wires run up the wall and are accessible through a access panel in his medicine cabinet. I can't imagine why Winnebago would have ever taken the bathroom pump switch out.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 05:22 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dengraham:
Has anyone installed an additional on/off switch like in the bathroom? I have to walk all the way to the front of the coach. Can I install a second switch in the bathroom? Anyone done it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Hmmm.. I guess Winnie relocated the pump switch from the OnePlace area to the front - that is a little strange

Wiring multiple switches to control one device gets a little tricky and requires additional wiring and special switches.

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 07:14 AM   #11
Winnebago Master

Looks like the OnePlace is up front on the passenger side in the '07 40TD.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is online now   Reply With Quote