Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-02-2008, 03:13 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

It looks like I have joined the ranks of the many that have their water pump fail. Just 2 weeks from my first anniversity as a new motor home owner, the darn thing just stopped. It was working fine but now acts like there is no power going to it. I checked all of the wires and everything appears to be fine. Could not find any fuse or circuit breaker for this so feel that it is just dead. Will attempt to get into a Winnebago dealer while wintering in Florida to utilize my one-year bumper-to-bumper warranty. After reading the history of similiar problems by other members of this forum, I believe that this is a frequent compliant of those of us equiped with SHURflo pumps.

Oldbanker
Oldbanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 03:13 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

It looks like I have joined the ranks of the many that have their water pump fail. Just 2 weeks from my first anniversity as a new motor home owner, the darn thing just stopped. It was working fine but now acts like there is no power going to it. I checked all of the wires and everything appears to be fine. Could not find any fuse or circuit breaker for this so feel that it is just dead. Will attempt to get into a Winnebago dealer while wintering in Florida to utilize my one-year bumper-to-bumper warranty. After reading the history of similiar problems by other members of this forum, I believe that this is a frequent compliant of those of us equiped with SHURflo pumps.

Oldbanker
Oldbanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 03:54 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

One of my switches was acting up & caused the same problem. It was the one on the power panel. So I turn the one on in the sewer/water compartment & therfore reversing the switch operations on the power panel. There is a fuse by the water pump, on the red lead, at least there is one on mine.
Old 02-02-2008, 06:10 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Before replacing make sure that there is power to the pump. In less than a year I had 2 Shurflo go. The original died and I replaced with a variable speed Shurflo which had a defective pressure head and leaked uncontrolably after a few weeks. After reading about the Shurflo problems I decided on another brand.

I got a Flojet VSD. The VSD is a variable speed pump. It only pumps fast enough to replace the pressure lost. A normal pump waits for enough of a pressure drop, then surges to restore pressure. We shower onboard and the VSD is great as there is no surge with the water temp fluxing between hot and cold.

Good luck
XBoater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 12:53 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I recommend you replace your pump with any thing but a Surflo, I have had three on my 2005 boat. They would not sand by their warrenty.
Old 02-02-2008, 01:19 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

I had the opposite experience. I bought the Flojet VSD as an enhancement and it crapped out after about a year. I put the original Shurflo back in and it is still working.
Old 02-02-2008, 01:34 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Third time's the charm - we're on third 5.7 pump and it has lasted the longest. So far, so good.

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 06:11 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

I guess I can't complain about Shurflo. My 5.7 went bad last spring one month past my warranty. They replaced it with a new 5.7. That's more than I can say about Workhorse!
Old 02-03-2008, 04:28 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

My 5.7 failed several months out of warranty and Shurflo replaced it immediately (under warranty) and it works great. I am impressed with Shurflo's great customer support and service.

2010 Winnebago Tour 42AD
rv rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 05:40 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

Its too bad their product isn't as good as their warranty though. I'm on my third 5.7 in 3 years, all replaced under warranty. Just meant I had more work to do each time since it was simpler to do the replacement myself than drive 100 miles to an authorized dealer, then package up the defective one and UPS it back to them.
Wagonmaster2
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote