Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-17-2011, 10:39 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Water Leaks

I have a 2011 Itasca Suncruiser with a water leak at both fwd corners near windshield. The water comes in on the valance obscuring the entry point. I really don't like the way they seal the windshield to the vertical mounts. Sealant is rather sloppy & then is covered by an aluminum strip that isn't very secure & creates a lot of wind noise. The leeks only occur while driving & don't happen when the coach is parked. Anyone else with this problem?
toneumanns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 06:09 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Water leaks only when driving and raining ... that would lead me to believe the leak is somewhere on the front of the coach and above where you see it ...

Maybe the marker lights ...
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 05:02 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Get it into the dealer and get it fixed! Many people have mentioned that the only way they have gotten such leaks fixed was by having a windshield/glass company fix the problem.

Winnie says they test them at the factory before they leave. I sometimes think that is before the glass settles from use.
Old 09-18-2011, 05:35 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSouthw524 View Post
Get it into the dealer and get it fixed! Many people have mentioned that the only way they have gotten such leaks fixed was by having a windshield/glass company fix the problem.

Winnie says they test them at the factory before they leave. I sometimes think that is before the glass settles from use.
I'd find a dealer that uses the Sealtech system to find leaks. It basically pressurizes the coach so that leaks can be found more easily. Their website has a dealer list so you should be able to find one near you.
RVJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 06:01 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVJeeper View Post
I'd find a dealer that uses the Sealtech system to find leaks. It basically pressurizes the coach so that leaks can be found more easily. Their website has a dealer list so you should be able to find one near you.
I always forget about this! Its an outstanding method to find leaks
Old 09-18-2011, 08:00 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

I had problems with the clearance lights on each side. A little dab of caulking around the hole where the wire went in solved the problems.
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Doug Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 07:05 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

If it's still under warrenty I would have at the dealer. That way if it doesn't get fixxed it's Winnebago's problem, not your's because your year is up.
Cousin Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 01:42 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Had a similar leak of unknown origin. Back in June, arrived at dealer to finish up last of the 1 year warranty stuff. Was walking around the inside of the coach pointing out a few things, and noticed a slow dripping from the 'ceiling' area, next to the middle of the windshield, down to the dash. Hadn't leaked there all winter through some terrific rain storms, but was dripping now. very, very small amount of water, a few tablespoons perhaps?

The coach had been level for the last four months as we live in it full time, so the water could have been sitting there for quite some time, and just rolled forward and dripped on the drive to the dealer.

The dealer checked all round the windshield, no leaks. None around the clearance lights. All roof joints looked good. Finally got out the pressure testor ( a big fan hooked to the ceiling vent, pulled in enough air to slightly pressurize the coach. Then sprayed soap solution on all the seams and joints. Said they found a few spots on the top seam that did bubble slightly, and recaulked them.

No further problems, but no real rain before our few trips this summer. Last week, several rain storms, so we will see. Water was really gushing off the roof last night. Driving up to the dealer again this week for a few final warranty items, if the leak is still there, it should be evident.

Again, if you are under warranty, let the dealer fix it.
Old 09-19-2011, 07:28 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

I had leak in drivers corner and it was from roof seal along gutter. Water would run forward when I was high in back. If I was level it would run out weep holes along gutter.

Good luck,
Bill
Old 09-20-2011, 04:30 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Thanks for all the help. The marker lights are completely back sealed on the inside which I had hoped was the problem (easy fix). I've given up & scheduled an appointment with our local Winney dealer. I am very disappointed with Winney's quality control as they were so proud of their water test when we took the factory tour. It was time however to take it in for warranty work after our 3,500 shakedown trip. Numerous warranty items to fix.
toneumanns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 02:04 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

When looking for leaks, don't overlook those short, stubby, rubber radio antennas. Had a leak over my sink in bathroom. Looked at all the seams, etc. Then noticed one of the antenna completely broken off and all that was left was a hole right in the middle of sealant used to seal it. Didn't even replace the antenna, just covered it and sealed it up. All the radios still play just fine, but don't know how good a range on whichever one that antenna was for. No more leak.
RBK394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 02:55 PM   #12
Winnebago Watcher

I have a 2004 Monaco 40'. One of the slides (on top) needs the rubber seal replaced because water is able to penetrate into the rv. I want to repair it myself if possible to save money. Need advice on how this may be accomplished.
pautry6850 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leaks, water