Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-28-2014, 09:22 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Water Leak

I have been doing some repairs to my 2004 Itasca Suncruiser u35. I thought I was almost finished when after I replaced the water pump. Not so. Now I have a water leak just in front of the driver side rear tire. That is right under the shower. My question is has anyone ever removed the shower stall? it is all dry under the sink. From the looks underneath theis has been going on for awhile as the panel it runs down has quite a bit of rust. Any suggestions.

leadfoot2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 09:42 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

My wife and I had what sounds like the same issue you are describing after we arrived in Door county Wisconsin after a 1100 mile trip on some very bad roads. DW noticed water leaking in same area while I was showering. I pulled the small access panel off the shower stall and noticed that some pipes had cracked during our travels. I removed and found replacement parts for the trap at the bottom of the shower pan. After replacement it no longer leaks. Be aware that this job was a PITA with the very small access opening. On the bright side I did not have to remove the shower walls or pan.

Jim
onlakegaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 02:07 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Well I pulled the access cover and nothing. All I have tois turn the pump on and it starts leaking . I took the screws out to lift the outside cover and nothing to see the end plate is riveted and screwed on . The water is coming from down behind that plate. Will try to get pictures.
Old 08-28-2014, 03:57 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

As you can see in the picture the line of water running down the left side and it is also dripping from the top of the angle piece on the right. Where is the fresh water tank on mine everything is enclosed.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	153.2 KB
ID:	72264  
Old 08-28-2014, 04:02 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

I don't see a photo. I had an 01 35U Chieftain so I know the area you're referring to. I never had a leak there but a call to Winnebago might get you an answer as to where the access may be.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 04:03 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Thanks I'll have to call tomorrow. Picture should be there now
Old 08-29-2014, 09:19 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

I called Winnebago this am and he was of no help. The pump does not come on at anytime unless you turn something on. I got the icemaker completed. Already made a bucket of ice. When I called this am it was not leaking. has not leaked all day (so far). This really has me scratching my head.
Old 08-29-2014, 11:13 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

When you first noticed the leak, did the pump ever just turn on? If not, what were you using when you noticed the leak? The point here is that the pump won't turn on unless there is a drop in pressure so if pressure is held for a long period of time, the leak is most likely not in the supply system. I would turn on faucets one at a time, leave the water running, then go to the spot you see the stream of water. If you see no leak with cold water, try hot.

Just a suggestion.

Scott
Old 08-29-2014, 11:30 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Does your ice maker water supply line transverse the coach? I had a leak like this for 2 years until the line really opened up and then I replaced it. It was pinched when it was being built. This is all below floor level.
KA7UYZ NRA Endowment Member Retired Fire Service
dnystrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 08:23 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

leadfoot2, sounds like you need to look in the sub-floor area. You may have to drill out the rivets then put new pop-rivets in the cover plates. The plates are hard to get off because of the sealant used to seal them.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 11:01 PM   #11
Winnebago Master

When you take the grill out of the wall inside the coach under the One Place panel and check out underneath the shower pan do you see any signs of a leak from there? It could simply be the caulking where the shower door meets the stall letting water drip behind there or it could be the fittings on the shower valve too which can be viewed by removing the two screws holding in the One Place and gently leaning it forward. Water travels so it can be from further off than you think.
Old 08-30-2014, 06:23 AM   #12
Winnebago Camper

I first noticed it with it just sitting. It does not stay at my home all the time. I can only have it here two weeks at a time. I am cleaning it and doing some repairs. Put in new pump, adjusted the front slide, replaced damaged flooring installed new ice maker, lots of cleaning. It was here for two days with nothing leaking, then one day my sister ask me what was leaking. I looked and it leaking on the tail pipe. I took the screws out lifted the side panel when I looked behind it you can see the water running down just enough to drip. After posting and calling Winnebago when I went out to describe the leak it was dry and has been dry ever since. I am thinking it is the drain for the frig. I had turned it off to install the new ice maker. And if I remember well I had the frig on before and turned it off. I am taking the doors off shower,removing side panel and see if I can see under the shower. If not I will take the outside panel off and see what it is . Just a foot not it would leak anytime you turn the pump on and run nothing you turn the pump off and shortly after no leak. At no time when it is leaking am I using anything and the pumps never comes on without turning on any faucets.
Old 08-30-2014, 10:11 AM   #13
Winnie-Wise

Depending on the fridge, it will either drain to the outside via a tube through the access panel or drain into a cup inside the access area (the cup is above the burner), unless you have a residential fridge. I doubt they'd put a fridge drain into a void where it would only show leak if the void overflowed.

I do think it's possible that a void is overflowing from a gray water drain, though. That would explain the intermittent nature in my mind, but you know the situation best so it makes good sense to proceed as you are.

Scott
Old 08-31-2014, 09:11 AM   #14
Winnebago Master

I had a leak in my 06 Suncruiser similar to this and it turned out to be leaking behind the shower wall. I was able to unscrew the shower fixture at the wall and wrap the threaded pipe fitting with teflon tape and reinstall. No leak since.
Jesse
Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 02:50 PM   #15
Winnie-Wise

Hi,

Besides all the places that others have stated it could be from the drain in the floor of the refrigerator. If you take the outside fridge panel off there is a floor there and there is a drain that runs outside the rv.

If the leak was in a supply line then the pump would cycle on and off all the time. It could be coming from the "p" trap under the shower which is accessible from the access panel on the face of the shower floor.

Does it happen by any chance when the AC is running? It may be the the ac water is getting in through a vent that is not sealed and running down the vent pipe and then out the bottom of the coach.

Theses are only guesses of mine and it also might be an idea to take coach back to Winnebago Factory and let them look at it as they are very good at the factory.

Good Luck!

Tom-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 01:55 PM   #16
Winnebago Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to MegaRoadie
My leak in in bathroom Privy area.
Water accumulates around the outside toilet base.
It has now caused the darned flooring to start to sink away from the wall.
Thought this was a window leak...NOPE
Thought it was a roof leak...NOPE
Thought maybe a road water splash up..NOPE
Finally the water accumulated enough to see it pool under toilet base, but to see it I had to remove the darn cover plates at base of Thetford AURORA Ceramic Bowl throne !
First Question: Can the tile be lifted and reused?
Anyone ever undertaken this task?
Local RV Dealer wants 1800 - 2000 to take it on and says cant save/reuse the tile so a "linoleum" piece would have to be ised in bathroom... not very appealing !
HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tags
leak, water, water leak