Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2007, 02:25 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Had the coach out last weekend for the first time this year. When we got home, we parked it and walked away. Yesterday,(Saturday),I heard the water pump running. Come to find out I forgot to turn the pump off last Sunday and all the water that was in the tank was now in the bedroom carpet.

Got everything dried up, but I can't find evidence of a leak. I checked the kitchen sink area, the bathroom sink, under the shower, around the toilet, but no sign of water or discoloration indicating water was there. The only think I could think of is the water was coming from the washer, again since the bedroom carpet and the bath mets were soaked, but there was no evidence of water in the kitchen or livingroom. I closed the shutoff valves to the washer, filled the tank, and turned the pump on. So far so good, 2 days and no new water and the tank is not going down.

From all this, I can only conclude it has to be one of the washer hoses.

Any Ideas?
Outbumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 02:25 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Had the coach out last weekend for the first time this year. When we got home, we parked it and walked away. Yesterday,(Saturday),I heard the water pump running. Come to find out I forgot to turn the pump off last Sunday and all the water that was in the tank was now in the bedroom carpet.

Got everything dried up, but I can't find evidence of a leak. I checked the kitchen sink area, the bathroom sink, under the shower, around the toilet, but no sign of water or discoloration indicating water was there. The only think I could think of is the water was coming from the washer, again since the bedroom carpet and the bath mets were soaked, but there was no evidence of water in the kitchen or livingroom. I closed the shutoff valves to the washer, filled the tank, and turned the pump on. So far so good, 2 days and no new water and the tank is not going down.

From all this, I can only conclude it has to be one of the washer hoses.

Any Ideas?
Old 04-22-2007, 02:31 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I think I read somewhere that the water valves to the washer/dryer should be turned off when not in use. May check the tightness of the connections.
Richard
Old 04-23-2007, 06:26 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

I would keep turning things back on, watching each one, until I found the leak. ALL washer valves "should be turned off when not in use," even those in your stick house. But no one I know does that. It could be the valves there, or it could be plumbing under the sink that only leaks when the pressure gets high enough. You had the pump turned on when it happened, so you need to have the pump on when searching for the problem.

We had a strange water problem in our bedroom sink that if we had not been there at the time, we would have had great trouble figuring out where the water came from. The black tank flush system got left on too long with the dump valve closed (not smart), and when the tank got full the bathroom sink backed up, then ran over. The water ran down the cabinet front and into the top drawer under the sink, filling each drawer to overflowing from top to bottom before any water got onto the floor. We've narrowly escaped tank run-over a couple of times since then when the wife thought she turned the bathroom sink off, but did not get it all the way off. Both times we caught it as the black tank was nearly full.
Old 04-24-2007, 02:17 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Thanks all,

Going to hook the coach up to house water and continue the search for the leak.

I hear you about the back flushing. I wish Winnie would put a tank level indicator in the service bay so when your filling the fresh water tank or flushing the black water tank you can monitor the progress.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:32 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Outbumn:
Thanks all,

Going to hook the coach up to house water and continue the search for the leak.

I hear you about the back flushing. I wish Winnie would put a tank level indicator in the service bay so when your filling the fresh water tank or flushing the black water tank you can monitor the progress. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can fairly easily install the See Level system in your utility compartment. I have one in there and it is great.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 01:46 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

After another weekend of camping (in the rain at RIR), and water again on the bathroom floor, I found the real problem. The hose going to the ice maker was leaking and the hose that drains the pan was clogged.

This will teach me to look at ALL the water connections and not jump to conclusions....