Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-07-2008, 05:44 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

The light inside of my "WATER HTR 110V" switch on the monitor panel has burned out. Do I have to replace the whole switch? Does the bezel just snap out?

Baxter the Cat
rvskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 05:44 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

The light inside of my "WATER HTR 110V" switch on the monitor panel has burned out. Do I have to replace the whole switch? Does the bezel just snap out?

Baxter the Cat
rvskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 07:11 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

It requires replacing the switch. Mine light bulb also burned out and I wanted to replace the light bulb with an LED to permanently fix this problem, but I was not able to get the switch appart without damaging it in such a fashion that it could be reassembled.

Hopefully future switches will incorporate a LED but that would severely cut into new switch sales, so I don't thonk that will happened.
Harry B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 05:52 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Count me in too. Mine burned out but I got a new one under warranty. Next one will be on me I guess.
Old 01-12-2008, 08:34 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

My 1st clue that I'm gonna be in trouble someday is how hot the switch gets. I have lots of very slick LED lamp mounts: Chrome, Black Anodized, etc. that one will find a home right above the switch when it goes. I wonder what moron chose this thing?

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 12:51 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

See my posting here: Re: 110 volt water heater switch The switch is easily replaced and quite inexpensive.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 08:47 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">See my posting here: Re: 110 volt water heater switch The switch is easily replaced and quite inexpensive. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you for this posting!! Mine also burned out and I did not know how to remove it. I ended up writing "On" and "Off" on a piece of transparent tape and sticking it on the wood panel next to the switch. I hope Winnebago has figured out they have a very short-lived switch they are installing!