Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-26-2008, 01:48 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

I drained all of the water from our rig (did not winterize), including the water heater. After I refilled the water tank half way, the water pump just keeps cycling with all faucets closed.

What am I doing wrong? Does air need to be purged from the hot water heater?

Thanks..
Old 01-26-2008, 01:48 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I drained all of the water from our rig (did not winterize), including the water heater. After I refilled the water tank half way, the water pump just keeps cycling with all faucets closed.

Thanks..
Old 01-26-2008, 01:59 PM   #3

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mrsr71:

Thanks.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is the switch set correctly at the tank? (City fill vs. Water tank fill.)
Richard 34A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 02:09 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Richard 34A:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mrsr71:

Thanks.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is the switch set correctly at the tank? (City fill vs. Water tank fill.) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, the valve is set on "City Fill" - I think
Old 01-26-2008, 03:27 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

You may have lost the prime at the pump. I have experienced this before. The pump will run and nothing comes out. What I have done is undo the line on the input side of the pump and let water come out the end and then re-attach the line to the pump. It has solved the problem for me each time.
Old 01-26-2008, 05:30 PM   #6
GG1
Winnie-Wise

Turn it off of city fill!
Old 01-26-2008, 07:16 PM   #7

The owner's manual is a little confusing and vague, but states:

To connect to an external source:
1. Turn the demand pump switch to off.

2. Attach a hose from the external water source to the city water connection in the utility compartment or on the left side of your vehicle.

3. Turn on the external water source.
When connected to an outside source of water, the water bypasses the demand pump and storage tank and supplies pressure directly to individual faucets and toilet. A check valve built into the pump prevents water from entering the pump and filling the storage tank.

NOTE: Always keep the tank fill valve in City Fill position unless you are filling the tank. If this valve is open while using the city water, the water will keep flowing into the tank and out the tank vent tube.

To me, this is confusing, as I thought that for proper water pressure from the demand pump, I had the switch set to Tank Fill for every day use. But the MH is in storage, so I can't readily check it. Maybe the NOTE is referring to when you actually have a water connection using city water, not the tank water when traveling or dry camping.
Richard 34A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 03:23 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

Another easy way to prime the pump is turn it to City (?) fill and let it run. This will prime the pump. Can't remember which causes the pump to run continuesly without looking. Senile at 72..Good Luck
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 08:04 PM   #9
Winnie-Wise

Hi Ho: The easiest way to prime the pump is to turn the drain valve on for a few seconds as this provides a direct way for the water to run through the pump and out the drain. Then it should run just fine by itself. I never use the city fill valve because I find it easier to just put a hose in the receptacle to fill the tank. Good luck
Dirk
dirko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 01:17 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

Dirk,your post proves that two heads are better than one.. The drain valve is an excellant way to prime the pump.

Like you, I find it much easier to use the door for fresh water than the City Fill. The only time I ever look at the City Fill is if I am hooked up to City water...

And for those of you who wonder how to get the clorox in your tank, simply pour it in the hose , and go from there...Good Miles
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote