Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2011, 07:16 PM   #21
Winnie-Wise

I have now installed what wa8yxm described as the three valve system. After I got the check valve back in, it had a small leake on one of the connectors and I said, "what the heck" and just removed it from the system. Have been out twice now and have had no problems -- actually, much better water pressure on the hot water side.
Old 03-26-2011, 09:47 AM   #22
Winnebago Master

Yup with the 3-valve you do not need a check valve on the outlet, and if the piping is well designed you never need on on the cold water side..

I am fairly sure I do not have one on my cold side.. I know this because when the ICE maker cycles and I'm on tanked water the pump normally goes off 3times. now the amount of water is very carefully metered on my Ice Maker.

If it starts going off 4 or more times per ice maker cycle I know it's time to re-create the air cushion on the water heater.

I've had it happen when the water heater got air under pressure in it, and the pump then only cycles twice per Ice maker cycle.

So I know water is flowing back into the cold pipe.

But since the "T" is on the other side of the coach.. I don't have a problem.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:13 PM   #23
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by David K View Post
I get it into mine by removing the pressure relief valve -- located near the top of my heater and then pour the vinegar in that way. I clean my heater at least twice a year. I also have a fitting that fits on the end of a hose (yellow and about 8" long with an angle at the end) and after the vinegar treatment, I will flush out real good in all directions -- normally losens up and flushes out the scale/mineral deposits.
I want to try this but my west coast brain is water logged from the 150% of normal rain we've had and I need some specific directions, please. Is the tank empty when you start? Is the vinegar used full strength or diluted? If diluted, what ratio? Did you completely fill the tank with vinegar or solution before replacing the pressure valve and turning on a hot water faucet to move the vinegar or solution through the check valve?

Thanks for your help!