Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-16-2012, 01:30 PM   #21
Winnebago Owner

In the plumbing code (incorporated the old Mechanical code) it is a lack of "makeup air'. No air , no combustion.

May want to google it.

Kerry
two-niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 02:16 PM   #22
Winnebago Owner

Chief,
First, congrats on your upcoming retirement. I too hope to be retired this year as well. My dad, a retired Boston jake, told me I'd know when it is time to retire. I thought it odd, but now that I'm the dinasour in the group I think I know what he meant. Loved the job and will surely miss it.
That is one terrific picture you have there. Definetly hang that in a place of honor.
Lt46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:45 AM   #23
Winnebago Master

Been down the exact same road as Sammie, and the fix was essentially the same. I had the same slot cut in the external door but the door on the WH was blocked, so I punched 4 holes in it as well as bent the hinge: problem solved..

There are years that the door slot is not there, so about all you have is bending the hinge.

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 08:43 PM   #24
Winnebago Owner

Thanks all for the kind words. And yes, I agree that nature prepares you for everything like moving out from your parents house, getting married, having kids, and yes..... Retirement. Years ago I would go on vacation and hear sirens and wonder where they were going. Now I go on vacations and don't want to go home, and careless about seeing a fire engine. I guess my time is here. I have become the old curmudgeon I use to despise! Out with the old and in with the new.

Not to hijack the thread, but I too open my heater's compartment door when she starts to sputter. Seems to do the trick.

Oh yeah, I do love the picture of Clint and I. Even though he is way older than me, he is still really cool. As I watched him on that day taxi his A-Star with a delicate touch and to tell the tower that he was departing to the South in his unmistakeable voice sent shivers down my spine. All this at the young age of 80...... Now that is really cool!
2003 Jeep GC Overland in Tow
FDchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:16 PM   #25
Winnie-Wise

FDchief,

I see from your location that you must live in or near Truckee. Just wondering if you ever spend any time over at Lake Almanor. My DW and I usually try to get up there at least once a year and we spend a few days in Truckee either coming or going.

The picture is at North Shore Campground Lake Almanor. Our favorite place.

Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:38 AM   #26
Winnebago Owner

Sammie,

We use to go to Lake Almanor often. When we had our trailer would stay at the PG&E campground.

We really enjoyed hanging out on our boat watching the tankers leave the air attack base. Chester is a great little town. Great pic of your motor home by the lake.
2003 Jeep GC Overland in Tow
FDchief is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heater, water