Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-22-2014, 07:07 PM   #1
tjd
Winnebago Camper

Water Filter

We just got our new 2014 Meridian. I got it home a saw the whole house water filter was leaking with water pressure was applied. So I took it off replaced the O-Ring and lubed it up and that stopped the leak.

I pulled the water filter and it was slimy and discussing. No idea why it was in that condition since it was a new RV but it had been on the lot at the dealer for 225 days.

Long story short I put the water filter aside to get a new one and it got thrown out over the weekend so when I was looking for it today to order a new one I could not find it.

Anyone have any idea what filters will fit in it. If you have an amazon link that would be great.

Thanks
Old 09-22-2014, 07:25 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

If it is the standard whole house water filter, I buy my refills at Walmart. I use the charcoal filters.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/OmniFilter...ridge/15691530
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 07:34 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I had a leak in the filter in my new MH. It was a really cheapo whole house filter. I got on Amazon and bought a better whole house filter housing and it takes standard whole house filters. I did have to build a heavy duty bracket to hold it. I am much happier with my new filter housing..

http://www.amazon.com/Culligan-HF-15...e+water+filter
wyorancher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 02:05 PM   #4
tjd
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
If it is the standard whole house water filter, I buy my refills at Walmart. I use the charcoal filters.
Omnifilter TO1-SS24-05 Carbon Wrapped Whole House Water Filter Replacement Cartridge - Walmart.com
Thanks. That is it.
Old 09-23-2014, 02:06 PM   #5
tjd
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyorancher View Post
I had a leak in the filter in my new MH. It was a really cheapo whole house filter. I got on Amazon and bought a better whole house filter housing and it takes standard whole house filters. I did have to build a heavy duty bracket to hold it. I am much happier with my new filter housing..

http://www.amazon.com/Culligan-HF-15...e+water+filter
Thanks for the info. I will need to do that. I'll do that once we get back home of this trip.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:21 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

This is the first time I've had a whole house water filter and I'm wondering how often they must be replaced.

Nick
traveler of california is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 10:02 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

I replace mine once a season. Use my MH about 3 to 4 months a year.
wyorancher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 11:16 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

How long they last depends on how much water you use and how cruddy the water is.
When full timing we used about 12 gallons of water each day and I got from two months to six months per filter.

The charcoal filters remove chlorine which I like since I don't care for the taste of chlorine but that be can be a bad thing if you add the water to your fresh water tank and leave it in there very long.
The filter in yours was probably growing bacteria of some sort. That can happen with either type of filter (charcoal or sediment) if it isn't used for a while.

Way back when we camped I used to take the filter out,allow it to drain some and put it in a ziplock bag and keep it the freezer between trips.
Old 09-24-2014, 11:26 AM   #9
Winnebago Watcher

I have been using 2 filters, the one nearest the faucet is a particulate filter to filter out any rust or sand. The next filter is a charcoal filter to help the taste. I am starting this year to use 3 filters, a particulate filter 1st, another finer particulate filter 2nd, and the charcoal last.

Overkill? Maybe but the wife likes clean water and so do I.

burfurd
burfurd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water