Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-18-2018, 11:06 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Valterra SS01 Sewer Macerator

Has anyone used one of these and do they work as well as their video shows? https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-SS01...=valterra+ss01

I'd like to dump my RV's tanks at home, but it's a long ways to my closest sewer clean out port.
starcrwzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 11:42 AM   #2
Site Team

I don't have this "water powered" macerator, I have the Thetford Sani-Con motorized version. It will pump 100'+ up hill to dump at home. Seems like you'd have to have some pretty stellar water pressure to pump that far with just water from a hose.
Old 08-18-2018, 02:59 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

I got one and it works as advertised. I also ordered a couple of their extension hoses (10 feet each) to reach our sewer cleanout about 20 feet from the driveway.
akeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 07:40 PM   #4
Owner and Traveler

I have one and it works great. I use 3 10 ft. PVC pipes and connectors connected to the hose to reach my home sewer. Don't glue the connectors, friction holds them together enough as there is really very little pressure build up.
jcr5353 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 07:45 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

We've had one for several years. Click image for larger version

Name:	Waste tank eductor.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	232.3 KB
ID:	170133 Here's how we rig it so that we can use the same hose to run the eductor and flush the tank at the same time.

Because of the water demand, we prefer not to use when away from home. The old 3in corrugated hose is just fine.

At home it is excellent. In town, you could run the discharge hose to a convenient sewer clean out. But we are out in the county, on a septic system. It is about a 100ft run with a 3 1/2ft rise to the septic clean out we prefer to use. Because of the cost, we did not buy any extra hose, other than the piece that it comes with. We did buy 10 lengths of 1" pvc pipe. Bigger is not better. We glued a union on one end of each piece. That allows us to assemble/dissemble a run from Miss Winnie to the clean out. (One of these days we will entrench the assembly to make it permanent, just haven't.) . Normal water pressure handles the distance and rise just fine. Caveat: if you go this route, plumbing el's are not your friend. Use 45's or lazy sweeps.

It is interesting to watch in operation. The knife blade nozzle opening just slices up anything that flows out of your tank. Except Shopkins. Don't let your granddaughters flush Shopkins!

Our two cents.

Fair Winds and Following Seas
Oldchinahand is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace