Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-09-2010, 04:04 PM   #21
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNWGirl View Post
Is it possible to have an overflow valve from the galley to the bath tank?

The reason that I am asking is that my black tank has next to nothing in it but my grey is the one that fills up. Was wondering if there was such a thing as an overflow available to move the excess grey to the black. Would definitely be an asset.

Sheila
We haven't had this coach long enough to decide what to do about the gray and black tanks. Of course, when we are somewhere with full hookups it won't be a problem. The state park we went to is a different story, not having a sewer hookup at the site. Our coach is in the shop at this time to have a few things corrected. After we have it for a few more camping trips I may look into exactly what you mention in your post, an overflow pipe that will allow some gray water to flow into the black tank when it reaches about 2/3 full. Once we get to use the coach more often, we will be able to decide if it is necessary. With my DW still working we are limited to weekends at this point. Many of the state parks in Arizona have been closed due to budget problems. This makes it hard to get into the ones that are still open. The private parks that are within an hour or two drive in our area are too much like parking lots devoid of any trees. "Real Camping" will start when my DW retires and we are able to try some parks farther from our home. In the meantime we will be watching to see what others do to their tanks. The more trips out with the coach...the more we will learn. Thanks, Joe
Old 03-09-2010, 04:20 PM   #22
Winnebago Camper

Most of the places that I go to have either no hook ups or water/electric. So an overflow into my black would be VERY handy. Yes, I could get a portable tank- for my grey- but since the black tank is, essentially, unused...........

Sheila
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] ~ Salt Creek Recreation Area Olympic Peninsula, Washington ~
PNWGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 12:57 AM   #23
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNWGirl View Post
Most of the places that I go to have either no hook ups or water/electric. So an overflow into my black would be VERY handy. Yes, I could get a portable tank- for my grey- but since the black tank is, essentially, unused...........

Sheila
i have an extra valve that allows me to equalize the level of fluid that is in the black and gray tank when the gray tank has more in it than the black tank. due to my gray tank holding 54 gal, 8'' tall and my black tank holding 40 gal, 8'' tall it is possible to over fill the black tank when the gray tank is full. i have to watch the levels closely before equalizing. the piping is 3'' and the level equalizes very fast, maybe 10 seconds.
it is not a good thing to equalize the other way though. i don't want black water in my gray tank.
with the extra valve installed and closed, open the gray valve and then open the black valve for a short time. close the black valve and then the gray valve.
leave the extra valve closed until you dump both tanks.
when dumping, i dump the black tank first, add 2 cups of bleach to the gray tank and dump the gray tank. the bleach cleans out the valve and the stinky slinky.
clear as mud?
here is a link to the valve. camping world used to stock it also.

Twist-On Valve Kit - RVWholesalers.com RV Parts
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 07:05 AM   #24
Winnebago Owner

Grey water transfer

I rigged up a old Shure Flo water pump with short male/female hose on each end. I bought a waste valve cover with a 3/4 " hose connection. When the grey water is full I pump it into the black water tank thru the flush imput connection.

If you do a search you should find pictures of this set up as I got the idea from this site.

Charlie Tuit
2002 Journey 126,000 miles
X-L 7 toad
charles tuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 07:14 AM   #25
Winnebago Owner

PnwGirl

I think this is the thing your asking for
Tank Maximizer
and it's only $27.26.

Dick
Old 03-10-2010, 07:58 AM   #26
Winnebago Owner

I'm not famillar with the above but would want some sort of check valve in it to avoid black mixing into grey tank. The pump doesn't allow mixing.

Charlie Tuit
2002 Journey 126,000 miles
XL-7 toad
charles tuit is offline   Reply With Quote