Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-04-2018, 09:32 AM   #21
Winnie-Wise

Team Foxy,

Mine is the same shape, with sensors fairly close together. Still, when it is working, it works very well to tell us when to dump.

UPDATE: I didn't need to disassemble the pipes and get a pressure washer wand in the tank this time. Using just a garden hose and very small nozzle, snaked it into the tank from the dump valve, sprayed around a little, and it all started working well again. This was all pretty easy to do.
Old 12-05-2018, 09:39 PM   #22
Winnebago Owner

danhannah,

Thanks for the tips. I've wondered if that might be necessary. If I understand your process correctly, how do you control the water exiting the tank? It sounds like the drain hose would not be connected?

Thanks again.

Fred
R2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 09:48 PM   #23
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeC View Post
Have you tried any enzyme cleaners? Happy Campers comes to mind, available on Amazon. Otherwise, forget using the original tank monitor and upgrade to See Level tank sensors. I did earlier this year and unknown tank levels are a thing of the past. Installed properly, you can tell within a gallon or two what's in the tank and the LPG tank monitor is crazy accurate compared to the original. Yes, it is a bit of effort to install but it uses the original wiring. In my case, the water pump "On" LED and "Pilot Out" LED had to be rewired as they are powered by the original logic board which was removed. It's a bit un-nerving to cut the wiring harness and rewire to the new panel and I left enough wire on it to be reconnected if desired. I chose to remove the original faceplate and cut a hole in it to accommodate the new monitor panel; again a bit un-nerving. I am quite handy with electrical stuff and tools in general and knew it was not beyond my capabilities. I'll try to attach a photo of the finished panel and I may be contacted for further information if you or anyone else desires. Best wishes.

P.S. Unable to create a URL for the picture. Contact me and I can e-mail it to you.

JoeC,

That sounds like a great upgrade, but unfortunately I don't think I'm as handy as you on electrical issues. I really thought that with the tank readers being on the outside of the tanks on this MH, we wouldn't have sensor problems any longer. Pretty bummed, but I'll get something figured out with all of the great tips from everyone on this site.

Thanks for the help!

Fred
Old 12-06-2018, 10:38 AM   #24
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
danhannah,

Thanks for the tips. I've wondered if that might be necessary. If I understand your process correctly, how do you control the water exiting the tank? It sounds like the drain hose would not be connected?

Thanks again.

Fred
Yes, Fred, sewer hose was not connected, had to be left off to snake the garden hose up. The waste gray water then flows out round the garden hose, into the compartment, and onto the driveway. I do it in the driveway, then clean the driveway (and the compartment) with the same garden hose.

It's not too big of a mess.
Old 12-07-2018, 09:18 PM   #25
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by danhannah View Post
Yes, Fred, sewer hose was not connected, had to be left off to snake the garden hose up. The waste gray water then flows out round the garden hose, into the compartment, and onto the driveway. I do it in the driveway, then clean the driveway (and the compartment) with the same garden hose.

It's not too big of a mess.
Well, we sold our driveway last year and started fulltiming, so I don't think we have that option. However, I recall seeing a Rhino fitting that connects to the drain outlet and on the top it has a hose connection. I doubt you could get enough pressure from there to really clean the tank, but maybe a smaller hose could be sent up through it. I imagine that would catch most of the wash out. I think I'll explore that. Thanks for giving me that thought!

It would be great if the manufacturers would provide a washout connection like they do on the black tanks.

Thanks again,

Fred
Old 12-08-2018, 12:20 AM   #26
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
Well, we sold our driveway last year and started fulltiming, so I don't think we have that option. However, I recall seeing a Rhino fitting that connects to the drain outlet and on the top it has a hose connection. I doubt you could get enough pressure from there to really clean the tank, but maybe a smaller hose could be sent up through it. I imagine that would catch most of the wash out. I think I'll explore that. Thanks for giving me that thought!

It would be great if the manufacturers would provide a washout connection like they do on the black tanks.

Thanks again,

Fred
I have a 27Q and I bought one of those fittings with the hose connection but soon discovered there's a 90 degree turn between the black tank and the discharge fitting. that greatly reduces the water flow from the hose so much as to make it pretty ineffective for back flushing the back water tank. If you haven't done so already, it might best to shinny under the rig to see how the piping runs. I should have done that.
Old 12-09-2018, 09:21 PM   #27
Winnebago Owner

akeagle,

Thanks for the insight. I was hoping that fitting might be the solution. I guess anything short of what danhannah suggests is an experiment.

Thanks for your input,

Fred

BTW.... I hope you weren't adversely affected by that quake!
Old 12-09-2018, 11:46 PM   #28
Winnebago Master

No house damage, just lots to pick up from walls and shelves.
Old 12-10-2018, 08:56 PM   #29
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by akeagle View Post
No house damage, just lots to pick up from walls and shelves.
Good to hear!
Old 12-11-2018, 12:58 AM   #30
Winnebago Master

As the days pass we're hearing of homeowners who were not as lucky. Apparently many were built on soft ground.
Old 12-11-2018, 09:23 PM   #31
Winnebago Owner

Very unfortunate, and I feel for those suffering the consequences. Being in SoCal I am very sympathetic. I sincerely hope for a quick recovery for all affected.

Tags
tank