Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-12-2019, 07:47 AM   #1
PIC
Winnebago Owner

Stumped! URGENT need-help on bringing water to TT

This involves a Winnie Micro Minnie TT 2106FBS. Now there is an existing issue which is going in for service. That involves water when hooked by hose to the TT back flows into the freshwater holding tank and then spilling out the manual fill port. With Winnie Customer Service help turned the 2 pump valves to opposite directions to bypass the pump. Now last night while sleeping I thought it was raining but it was the water running and spilling out that same manual port. BUT, this time and very oddly the commode filled to the rim, somehow maybe from the B W tank but not the same coming from the G W tank ?? Logical thought just flush it right? Wrong! The water in the commode geysered out and ran down the floor. Ran out pulled the B W water dump valve and a gush came out but nothing to indicate the tank was full which I figure was the reason for the geysering as the air in the tank pushed the water up and out. Did the same for G W tank and not a drop? Totally stumped on this one. Heading across the USA in 3 weeks any suggestions on how to troubleshoot??PAT
PIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 10:51 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Hi there, Sorry that I can't help you with this problem, but I am very interested to hear whatever is posted in reply to you as my wife and I have just bought a Winnie Micro Minnie 2106 DS
Good luck,
Ranald
Ranald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 11:10 AM   #3
PIC
Winnebago Owner

Last year on the next to last day of a 3 month trip the water pump apparently had it's check valve fail. Even though I had a pressure reducer attached to the hose I think I still got to much pressure and it blew the check valve. So, as water was still hooked to the Camper it somehow manage to back fill to the fresh water holding tank which when completely filled overflowed from the Fresh water tank's manual fill port. To stop this Winnie sent me a diagram on how to find the pump under the kitchen sink. There you'll find 2 valves that were preset. You simply turn both in the opposite directions and that stopped the backfill. Now just bringing it out of storage (out of sight out of mind) I "fired" it all up last night and as stated earlier at 3:ish am notice something wasn't right. So, for now I have filled the F W tank and will depend on it until I can get this pump fixed or replaced. Apparently this is a common problem and after visiting many RV parks we all know the water pressure vary. So I think I'm going to look for a better pressure reducer and hope for the best -------- If anyone knows how to attached a document here let me know and I will post the 2 page Winnie diagram which would be a good idea to keep in you unit PAT
PIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 03:11 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Two things for helping with the high water pressure if that is the culprit is get a Watts style water pressure gauge. Camping World has them and also a regular screw-on gauge which can be purchased at some hardware stores. It screws onto the water faucet spigot for pre-checking the water pressure prior to hooking up the hose. I've only had my toilet fill up on my last RV (5th wheel) and I attributed it to the flush valve not closing all of the way either due to high water pressure (had a reducer on the hose) or because of sediment sticking in the valve. Not sure why your RV did this. Also, I have had issues with the fresh water tank filling while hooked up to city water. Replacing the water pump fixed it.
https://www.campingworld.com/valterr...tor-49511.html
https://www.amazon.com/EZ-FLO-45169-...48674505&psc=1
Lakejumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 06:26 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I have a 2018 2401RG. This same thing happened to me. Water back flowing through the pump and filling the freshwater tank (I have my water pressure set at 44 psi). I stopped the flow by turning the valve off that goes from the freshwater tank to the pump. I took the pump completely apart thinking there might some debris inside causing the back flow. I did find lots of plastic shavings inside the screw on filter, but nothing inside the pump. After putting it back together I still had the same problem. After our 2 months in Arizona I took my TT to the dealer I bought it from. We hooked up to city water so I could show them what was happening. Yup, you guessed it. It was working perfectly. They said they could not replace the pump under warranty unless they could replicate the problem. Ahhh!!!!
Sanfordja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 12:36 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

The cheap so called RV water pressure reducers are really flow restrictors which as a byproduct reduce the pressure. I always add a residential Watts water pressure regulator just inside of the city of the city water connection. This controls the pressure without reducing the flow. The two devices are built differently.

The check valve in water pumps frequently fail. You can always replace the pump. You could also add a spring loaded check valve between the water tank and the pump. Shark Bite makes one that will slip right over PEX piping. These can be bought in most box stores that carry plumbing parts or hardware stores.

I tend to add cutoff valves on hot/cold lines to most every fixture in our RVs. That way if/when something blows I can isolate that one device until I can fix/replace it. I've also added several extra check valves to prevent other problems. Most OEM RV check valves are plastic- what's new about that. Residential stuff is frequently brass and will last better.
rarebear.nm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water