Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-05-2007, 02:35 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

We have an irritation since we bought this coach(36M). the toilet squeeks when we sit on it and move. I was wondring if there are other Sunrise owners who have the irritation and if they had found the cause. I have had delars and customer service at Winnie try to fix it and they have reduced it for a time but it comes back. As best I have been able to determine the floor is not the culprit.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:35 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

We have an irritation since we bought this coach(36M). the toilet squeeks when we sit on it and move. I was wondring if there are other Sunrise owners who have the irritation and if they had found the cause. I have had delars and customer service at Winnie try to fix it and they have reduced it for a time but it comes back. As best I have been able to determine the floor is not the culprit.
Old 02-05-2007, 04:10 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I had the same trouble with mine. I kept loosing it up& retighting until it quit. Drain the water down before you loosen it. I don't believe we have the same toilet though. By the way, we hate this sea-land toilet we have!
Old 02-05-2007, 06:14 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Same with ours ...Sealand. The squeaks can come in handy. If I need to go and hear the squeaking I know the throne room is occupied...
Old 02-20-2007, 12:15 PM   #5

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">We have an irritation since we bought this coach(36M). The toilet squeeks when we sit on it and move. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's plastic on plastic rubbing. Check out Camping World or someone similar for a china-bowl toilet. You can even get one in two different heights... had them in two previous RV's. Worth the money as far as I'm concerned, though I haven't changed out the one from my Sightseer yet.
Richard 34A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 01:11 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

When you pull the toilet make sure all the screws are in the floor flange that screws to floor and may need a sealent under floor flange.
Should be able to tighten lower half of pedestal with four bolts to floor flange after placing rubber seal than tighten the steel band around bowl and pedestal so no leaks will accure there.
I have two toilets, Sealand, which I had to rebuild because of leaks ,loose toilets and pipe falling out of floor flange into tank.
While your at it check that pipe into tank, to make sure pipe is glued to the floor flange.
I will not discribe what its like when the pipe is not glued here but its not nice.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 06:54 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It's plastic on plastic rubbing. Check out Camping World or someone similar for a china-bowl toilet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ours is a "china-bowl" and still has squeaks. I just haven't been bothered enough about them to try to find out what exactly is squeaking. It could be the plastic trim around the water connections I suppose...
Old 02-21-2007, 02:29 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Guys! I emailed Sealand after finding out I was not the only one. they recommended that I lube the clamp area where the China clamps to the body with something like Vaseline. I haven't gotten the time to try it, but thought I would pass it along.

Sounds like the fix as described by 007!
Old 02-21-2007, 06:37 AM   #9

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by "007":
When you pull the toilet make sure all the screws are in the floor flange that screws to floor and may need a sealent under floor flange.
Should be able to tighten lower half of pedestal with four bolts to floor flange after placing rubber seal than tighten the steel band around bowl and pedestal so no leaks will accure there.
I have two toilets, Sealand, which I had to rebuild because of leaks ,loose toilets and pipe falling out of floor flange into tank.
While your at it check that pipe into tank, to make sure pipe is glued to the floor flange.
I will not discribe what its like when the pipe is not glued here but its not nice. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great information! I might try to install a china bowl myself. Seems like it's pretty straight-forward...
Richard 34A is offline   Reply With Quote