Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-13-2019, 10:47 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Sprinter repair centers

Considering buying a View 24D. We live in Santa Fe, NM and travel all of the US, Canada and Alaska. I have a significant concern about being about to get to certified Sprinter service centers in many of these areas.

I'm looking for a current list of certified Sprinter service centers nationwide and in Canada and Alaska. Any help out there?
rarebear.nm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 05:21 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

This may be part of what you are looking for, I found a PDF online at https://www.winnebagoind.com/resourc...rectory-US.pdf
but it is dated 2011 so not current but may help.
The Title says "Mercedes-Benz United States Sprinter Service Dealer Directory Information Provided by Mercedes Benz for Winnebago Ind" I assume because it has the word "Service" in the title the places listed will actually work on a Sprinter based RV. This is a Winnebago site so it seems odd there is not a more current version. There must be a better list somewhere. I know Mercedes of Knoxville Tn will service them but it is not on the list.
RVwithDogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 07:45 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Don't spend your time worrying and trying to find answers to every possible contingency.

Don't go to Mercedes of Albuquerque, but Tucson and El Paso both are very good. Honestly, you really don't/won't need to be hanging out in the Mercedes repair center. You certainly don't need to go there for routine service but you will need to visit for recalls and warranty repairs (if needed) - and that, for most owners, is very rare.

Warranty coverage is very good and Mercedes will tow you to the nearest service center to get you repaired - even if it is hundreds of miles away. Your best friend is the 800 number Spinter help line. You have a 3 year bumper to bumper warranty and a 7 year CARB warranty (which covers anything remotely connected to the pollution control stuff).
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 04:19 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

What happens after that warranty expires? I tend to keep vehicles for a long time putting on lots of miles. I find going to El Paseo or Tucson seems extreme for any work. RVs based on Ford e450 V10 can be serviced almost anyplace.
rarebear.nm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 05:34 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Sprinter Repairs

Having similar questions when we purchased our 2010 Via nearly 5 years ago, we quickly found that most cities and towns have both factory and independent repair shops that work on Sprinters. The Mercedes dealers tend to be more expensive (duh), but can be relied upon. We have found that the independents have often worked for dealers in the past, and are as knowledgeable (or more so) about current issues. Despite the ubiquitous "little issues," we have been very pleased with the Via, which was actually badged as a Dodge in those days. Multiple corporate changes since, but the Chrysler dealers in many towns also work on Sprinters. Freightliner was bought by Mercedes in '90s, and most of their dealers also work on Sprinters. So you have a lot of options, even in Alaska.
MarvinFickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 10:42 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

We too have a 24D. Shows you have great taste ; my message to you is: FEAR NOT. Get it and get out there! There are SO many places that fix Sprinters I just never concern myself about that aspect. We have the Good Sam Platinum complete service which is all one really needs, particularly since you will be buying new and the M-B chassis is very reliable.
jcurtisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 06:15 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

We have put over 100,000 miles on our Winnebago views with no problems. They keep running and running. Only one thought. If the sensors trigger a dash light ( usually in hard rain or wind) or if you go into limp mode, just pull over, turn off the engine for a couple of minutes, and everything will reset. We have had to do this with both of our views and a Mercedes travel van. It appears that the computer messes up and needs to be reset. Only problems we have experienced.
plrude is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
repair