Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-17-2005, 01:49 PM   #1

Suddenly the faucet over the sink has started providing hot water no matter which position it is in. The only way I can get cold water is to turn the handle all the way to the right (it turns 360 deg), stopping just over the rim of the right sink basin. However, in that position I get very little flow.

I suspect that I'm going to have to dismantle the whole thing, but wanted first to ask if others had the problem, and how they solved it.
Freddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 01:49 PM   #2

Suddenly the faucet over the sink has started providing hot water no matter which position it is in. The only way I can get cold water is to turn the handle all the way to the right (it turns 360 deg), stopping just over the rim of the right sink basin. However, in that position I get very little flow.

I suspect that I'm going to have to dismantle the whole thing, but wanted first to ask if others had the problem, and how they solved it.
Old 05-17-2005, 02:29 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

It sounds like you'll have to do a little dismantling. This task isn't difficult and can usually be done from the top without disconnecting any plumbing. I expect you have a Moen faucet, if so, they might ship you a replacement cartridge and diverter free of charge. Their number is 800-289-6636. They will ask you for the model number of the faucet, just tell them what it looks like and they should be able to determine what the model is.
Batwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 04:10 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

You may want to check the outside shower, if it is on and the shutoff at the handle is off it will act as a mixer.
Old 05-17-2005, 06:37 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave F:
You may want to check the outside shower, if it is on and the shutoff at the handle is off it will act as a mixer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dave brings up a good point. Do you get warm water from the bathroom sink or shower when only the cold water faucet is turned on?
Old 05-18-2005, 01:24 AM   #6

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Dave brings up a good point. Do you get warm water from the bathroom sink or shower when only the cold water faucet is turned on? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope, good mixing in the shower. The outside shower is off.
Old 05-18-2005, 04:18 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Looks like you are back to your first conclusion. Moen has a good support site. Give it a try. http://www.moen.com/buymoen/buyparts/index.cfm
When you are ready, call the number I posted earlier. They just might send you a complete rebuild kit free, they did for me.
Old 05-18-2005, 12:23 PM   #8

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Batwings:
Looks like you are back to your first conclusion. Moen has a good support site. Give it a try. http://www.moen.com/buymoen/buyparts/index.cfm
When you are ready, call the number I posted earlier. They just might send you a complete rebuild kit free, they did for me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks! I spent the day trying to replace a rotten joist under the doors in my outdoor shed, and didn't get a chance to look at the faucet. I'll call them tomorrow.
Old 05-18-2005, 01:38 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Send a message via ICQ to W8RLM
I had a similar experience. Do you have a water filter installed in the cold water line of the kitchen sink? I do, and when the filter cartridge started to clog, the cold water pressure went away. It may be a simple solution to your problem.

W8RLM - Bob
Old 05-20-2005, 06:15 AM   #10

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by W8RLM - Bob:
I had a similar experience. Do you have a water filter installed in the cold water line of the kitchen sink? I do, and when the filter cartridge started to clog, the cold water pressure went away. It may be a simple solution to your problem.

W8RLM - Bob </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good tip! Thanks!

Hadn't thought about the filter. Those should be good for more than a year, tho, doncha think? Esp. when used only every few months.