Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-01-2008, 02:46 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Ok everyone. I did a search and really came up with an empty hand.
We have problems with our Shower Valve in our 02 Journey. It is VERY difficult to regulate and when someone runs water or flushes the toilet, Watch Out! and get out of the way!!!
I don't think there is anything I can do about the problem with the change in water temp. but I know there has to be a way to replace the current valve with something more user friendly.
If you have done this mod, could you please elaborate? Or send email with info.
Thanks!
journey15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 02:46 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Ok everyone. I did a search and really came up with an empty hand.
We have problems with our Shower Valve in our 02 Journey. It is VERY difficult to regulate and when someone runs water or flushes the toilet, Watch Out! and get out of the way!!!
I don't think there is anything I can do about the problem with the change in water temp. but I know there has to be a way to replace the current valve with something more user friendly.
If you have done this mod, could you please elaborate? Or send email with info.
Thanks!
Old 06-01-2008, 03:17 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

We have a similar problem with ours, so I'll be watching the replies. When we interrupt the shower flow with the shutoff on the shower head we get ice cold water when we turn the water back on for the first few seconds. Yeowwww!!!
RVJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 03:45 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Yeppers.. Forgot to mention that one too!
Old 06-01-2008, 04:38 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

bluecrabbie;

I had the same problem. Winnebago has a Moen Positemp shower valve upgrade. Call the RV parts dept at Lichtsinn Motors 800-343-6255 and tell them you want to order the Moen shower valve upgrade for your coach. I changed it my self with help from DW. It is a tough job as you have to work through the hole where the old one came out. I am happy with the control. It will not solve the uneven temperature when someone else uses water. That requires respect from the other occupants when you are showering. I have the same problem in my house. I believe the cold burst after shutting off the shower head could be corrected by installing a check valve in the supply lines. I still get that somewhat. I hope this helps you.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 06:34 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

I don't know if it would work for you but I changed mine with a Delta M/M 132900. It worked really great and later a friend had me change his in his Adventurer. It is easy to adjust and holds temp really good.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 02:19 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Wizard,
Is the Delta shower valve a single handle unit or a two handle model? I've been looking for a single handle unit.
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 04:11 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Its single handle. Only comes in chrome, so I also had to change my handheld to match but wanted to do that also. Originally had gold that looks cheap after a while. Also changed the sink faucet but don't remember the model.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 06-03-2008, 04:18 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Delta M/M 132900 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Was it very difficult to change the shower head? We want to do that at the same time also. Not sure what brand we are going to go with but I am like you, the gold begins to look cheap after a few years.
Old 06-04-2008, 04:23 AM   #10
Winnie-Wise

On mine and my friends it was fairly easy except for the pipe fitting that slid down the pipe into the wall. %$@#*&$$$$ if you get my meaning.
We used all original fittings; just moved them over from one valve body to the other. Our original valve had a round plate to cover it on the wall and the new one fit perfect. The only modification was the valve mounting in the wall. It was mounted to a metal strip that had to be relocated further in but was not a big deal.
The shower had a large plate in the shower where the valve mounted that was held in by about 10 screws, after replacing this, a new bead of caulk finished the job off nice.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 06-05-2008, 12:45 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

IF YOU HAVE A MOEN 62300 VALVE YOU CAN PULL UP INSTRUCTIONS FROM THIER WEB SITE ON HOW TO ADJUST THIS VALVE WWW.MOEN.COM
NO1RAINH20 is offline   Reply With Quote