Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2008, 07:24 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

Has anyone had any problem with the little plastic stud mounted to the side of the shower wall that holds the shower head end of the hose breaking off due to weight of the shower head? Did all that make any sense? Can that screw at the end of the hose be tightened without any problems so that the position of the shower head can be controlled to spray in a certain direction when its hanging back on that little plastic stud? So you can use it like your home shower.
That little plastic stud always seemed to be a very weak spot considering the weight of the shower head Winnebago is now using instead of that little white one on the outside shower hose.
Wagonmaster2
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 07:24 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Has anyone had any problem with the little plastic stud mounted to the side of the shower wall that holds the shower head end of the hose breaking off due to weight of the shower head? Did all that make any sense? Can that screw at the end of the hose be tightened without any problems so that the position of the shower head can be controlled to spray in a certain direction when its hanging back on that little plastic stud? So you can use it like your home shower.
That little plastic stud always seemed to be a very weak spot considering the weight of the shower head Winnebago is now using instead of that little white one on the outside shower hose.
Wagonmaster2
Old 09-22-2008, 01:39 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I hope you discover a solution for this irritating problem..

Retired Navy Mustang 06
2003 Winnebago 35U W22
Toyota Rav 4 Toad
Brake Buddy

Sugar & Spice our Shih-Tzus
Captain Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 02:52 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

When we travel we put the shower head on the floor of the shower wrapped in a towel. All that bouncing can't be good for the little plastic post.

'05 Meridian 36G
CHIPPYSGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 03:14 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Funny, I was just thinking about this yesterday. We have not had a problem with the stud breaking with the weight on it and we leave it there all the time. I do tighten the screw on the shower head from time to time, no problem. With two people of dissimilar heights it does get moved often.
lthrnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 03:46 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Where can you buy a replacement shower head holder, mine is broken
Johnxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 06:53 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

I never broke the knob that holds the shower head to the wall, but I did solve the problem where the shower heads keeps 'flopping down' instead of keeping the spray where you want it.

I unscrewed the screw and nut at the base of the head and inserted a very thin nylon washer (available at Home Depot). You then put everything back together. The nylon washer adds enough friction to keep the shower head pointed in the direction you set it.
RVing for 19 years & 150,000+ miles
RVThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 07:08 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Mine hasn't broken, but it can no longer be tightened. Thus, the shower always points downward. I take out the screw on occasion and put a layer of tape inside to increase the pressure, but that is a real temporary fix. If a replacement is posted, I'm interest.
kalynzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 05:19 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

Neither one of ours has broken (43+ K). We keep the shower head on the lower stud when traveling.

I'm going to try the nylon washer when I get a chance. Thanks for the tip.
Old 09-22-2008, 05:40 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

Johnxx -- I've wondered about that myself. I don't know if this is a Winnebago part or whoever furnishes the shower stall. Somewhere in all the literature furnished with our coach, it seems I remember seeing something about the company involved with the shower stall, glass, or door. Surely this small insignificant little piece shouldn't be that hard to replace. If anyone does find a source, please let us all know.
Wagonmaster2
2004 Meridian 36G
Old 09-22-2008, 08:31 PM   #11

It's an Alsons part.

If you need the stud, I think I found it somewhere online or from the Alsons website. I'll hunt around for it and post later if I find it.

We've bought the shower head swivel connector from Home Depot online because our Winnebago dealer told us we couldn't order just the plastic part that hooks into the stud. We had to order to whole swivel connector so we ordered it from Home Depot's website and saved a few bucks:

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Prod...0003+500850+10401001

amanda_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 08:41 PM   #12

Ok, I found it. Here's the OEM pin wall mount:

http://www.azpartsmaster.com/Products/Alsons-Shower-Wal...hment__ALS5001C.aspx

Alsons also makes a self-adhesive one in white or chrome color for a bit less expensive:

http://www.homeannex.com/prodView.asp?idProduct=129274&...07&CAWELAID=52757 525

Swivel connector posted in previous post.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:58 AM   #13

Ok, sorry for the delay, Wagonmaster.

Here's the actual part numbers from Alsons' website if you want to search around the internet for the best price:

http://www.alsons.com/accessories/mo...ucts/4002.aspx

http://www.alsons.com/accessories/mounting/Default.aspx
Old 09-23-2008, 08:22 AM   #14
Winnebago Camper

Wagonmaster2, Thanks for the info on the shower head holder.
Johnxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 11:57 AM   #15
Winnebago Owner

Our Alson's shower head started it's permanent droop within a year of the RV being new, and tightening the screw didn't work. After a phone call to Alson's, they replaced it at no cost, probably because it was less than a year old. However, I wouldn't hesitate to call them, even if your current head is more than a year old. Some manufacturers are very kind and will give great service even though the warranty is up.

The screw on the replacement bracket was recently tightened for the first time in two years.

2005 Adventurer 33V
Old 09-23-2008, 12:31 PM   #16
Winnebago Master

Boy, I got more infor than I dreamed possible on this troublesom little part. Thanks to all who replyed, really appreciate it.
Wagonmaster2